roses

your p.o.v
it was there when i got home from work. a single rose, on my doorstep, bright red like a whispering ember in the midst of a fire, slowly burning out. the stem was long and thick, and the thorns were of a minimal amount, though lethal.
i picked it up, unlocked my front door, and walked inside, placing the rose on the kitchen counter carefully. i took a glass vase from the cupboard under the sink, half filled it with water, and drop the flower into it. i stared at it for a second, before padding upstairs, and deciding to put on some makeup and take some photos.

i did some natural face makeup, making it super glowy and golden. i applied a matte lipstick to finish - the same true red as the rose downstairs in the vase. i went back downstairs, selected the rose from it's vase and let down my wild y/h/c hair from it's messy bun. i ruffled it a little before snapping some pictures in the last drops of summer evening light.

i posted it to twitter with the caption, 'i do wonder who gave me such a beautiful flower 🌹', and i let my followers work it out. someone will know, no doubt.

~

i arrived home from work the next day. another rose, with leaves large and emerald. it was the same red as yesterday's, but fuller and more petal-some.
i placed it in the vase next to the other one, putting more water into the bottom. it sat in the centre of my kitchen table while i considered what to do with it.

~

again and again. every day, until there were 12 red roses in a vase on my kitchen counter. on the twelfth day, i took another picture for twitter, this time with all 12 flowers in shot.
'a dozen red roses. sounds a bit cliche to me, eh?' was the caption. i clicked 'tweet' and watched as more and more people replied with the same user. i clicked on his account, noticing his profession and the 12 pictures of him holding a rose, one posted each day, with a different caption hoping i'd noticed.
i found pictures of him. green eyes, dirty blonde hair, soft lips and pale skin.

i clicked the 'message' tab.

so you're the guy
who's been leaving
roses on my doorstep?

yep, that's me. how
about we meet up
sometime?

—————————
yeah i don't like this ending but thank fuck i updated

xx