Chapter 19

kRated- R

We all gathered up at Joe's house. "Where's Barry?" Eddie asks.

"I sent him out for..." before joe could finish his sentence Barry ran in. "Pizza!" Barry says.

"What?" Cisco says.

"From Coast City." Eddie says.

"Supposedly the best in the west." Barry Says.

"Why did I not think of this before? Come to papa." Cisco says

Joe looks at me. "Scarlett?" He asks.

"I'm not hungry." I say.

"Okay, six months of investigating Harrison Wells had led us nowhere, so we're going back to the beginning to see what we can find out." Joe says. I join them by sitting on the couch next to Eddie.

"What does that mean?" Eddie asks.

"Road trip, baby." Cisco says.

"Joe and Cisco are going to go to Starling City." Barry says.

"Starling City? For what?" Caitlin asks.

"To investigate the car accident that Dr. Wells was in with Tess Morgan 15 years ago." Joe responds.

"Why?" I ask.

"Dr. McGee said that after Wells's accident, he became like a complete stranger. Just a different person entirely." Barry says.

"Because the love of his life died? You and I know how much grief can change a person." I say.

"Scarlett, we believe that Dr. Wells is the Reverse-Flash and killed Barry's mother, and he may have done the same thing to Tess Morgan. We have to learn everything about that night. See where it leads us." Joe tells me.

"Oh, um, can you and Caitlin cover for me with Dr. Wells?" Cisco asks me.

"You mean lie?" Caitlin asks.

"Yeah." Cisco says.

"I need some air." I tell the group and start to head toward the door.

"Whoa—Hey, Scarlett..." they says trying to stop me but I don't listen.

I head out for some coffee.

-

The next day, I went to STAR labs. Then Barry came in.

"Good morning." He says to me.

"Hey." I say.

"Hey, look uh... can we talk about last night?" Barry asks me.

"There's nothing to talk about." I say.

"Yeah, there is actually. Scarlett, look, I know after everything Dr. Wells has done for all of us, it's hard to warp your head around this, but I need you to see the truth." Barry says.

"The truth? The truth is that he saved our lives multiple times." I defend.

"Look, I know. But if I'm right about this-."

"If Barry If! And before I can even consider to believe any of this, I'm gonna need to see some proof." I say.

"Proof?" We turn around to see Harrison. "Proof of what?" He asks.

"W—we may have another meta-human case on our hands." Barry says.

"Ah. We are always happy to help, barry, as you know. Have you heard from Cisco? He hasn't arrived yet." Harrison asks me.