Chapter 16

Scarlett's POV

Harrison, Cisco, and I were watching a movie, and an alarm went off.

"I should go." I say getting up.

"Nope, Barry's got it." Cisco says making his way over to the computers.

"Okay, then. I'll stay." I say. I sit back down and take a few popcorn from Harrison's lap.

"Hey, what's going on? Dude?" Cisco says.

"Yeah, Cisco. I'm...here..." Barry responds.

"What happened? Why'd you stop?" Cisco says. Harrison and I look at each other. He pauses the movie.

"I just got a little disoriented." Barry says.

"Well, you need to make up some time, man. You better hurry up. Should Scarlett, go and help you out?" Cisco says.

"Hurry? What are you—." Barry says confused.

"Hurry, as in get to the morgue." Cisco says and looks at us.

"The morgue? I was there. Yesterday." Barry says.

"What are you talking about?" I ask confused.

"Come on, you gotta go. Scarlett, go help him, he seems lost." Cisco says.

I follow his orders. I speed change into my suit and run out to the morgue. When I got there Barry seemed...lost.

"What's up with you?" I ask him.

"What—what is going on?" He says lost.

"Barry, we don't have time for this playing around." I say. I walk in and see the coroner he's dead. "Guys, the coroner, he's dead." I say.

"But—He died yesterday..." Barry says behind me.

I look back at him with confusion. "What?" I ask. "Let's just go." I say.

-

The next day, I arrived at the crime scene. I'm working on the coroners body, for anything that could help us. When I look up and see Barry, he seems lost. Again.

"Hey, Scar. What's with all the water? Did the sprinkler system go off or something?" Joe asks me.

"No, i checked the sprinklers. They're all in intact." I say looking at Barry, he looks so confused, he's looking around the place. "But, the water has ice in it." I say.

"The bruises on the coroner aren't just on his face. Check—look at his torso." Barry says. I look at him weirdly.

Joe and I lift up the coroners shirt, to show a bunch of bruises.

"Whoa." Joe says.

"How the hell did you know that? I didn't even check that, let alone think of that." I say.

"He was killed by hail. We have to listen to the recording." Barry says.

"Recording?"
"What?" Joe and I say at the same time.