Chapter 18

I walk into STAR labs. Feeling a little weird, like if Barry and joe have been hiding something from me.

"Death by apitoxin." Caitlin informs us.

"Honeybee venom." Harrison and I say at the same time. We both smile at each other.

"Bees. Why did it have to be bees? Y'all, I don't do bees. Ain't nobody got time for bees." Cisco says. I snort. I put my arm around him.

"But when a honeybee stings, the stingers are literally torn from their abdomen, and they die." Harrison says.

"But there were no stingers in the body and no dead bees in the car." Barry says.

"A honeybee can only deposit .1 milligrams of apitoxin when it releases its stinger." I inform them.

"And yet, Ms.Kang was found with enough venom in her system to kill a heard of elephants. It appears not only is a meta-human controlling these bees but also increasing their toxicity." Harrison says.

"Bees communicate by releasing pheromones. Maybe this Meta's controlling them through secretion?" Barry says.

"Anyone want to join me in getting a beekeeper suit?" Cisco says.

"I'm pretty sure, we can outrun a bee." Barry says.

"Just don't run into a lake." We all turn to find Felicity standing there. "Bees will wait for you to come up for air and then they'll sting you. Discovery channel. Turns out there's a lot to discover." She says.

I smile. "Felicity, what are you doing here?" Barry Asks.

"Can you guys come outside for a sec?" She asks.

We all nod and follow her outside. We all just stand outside looking at each other.

"What exactly are we waiting for, Ms.Smoak?" Harrison says.

"Up there." She points up to the sky, it's something flying up there.

"Is that a bird?" I ask.

"It's a plane." Barry says.

All of a sudden he crashed down to the ground. Harrison reaches over to me and pulls me away, and behind him.

"It's my boyfriend." Felicity says.

The guy gets up, and takes off his helmet. "Hi. I'm Ray." He says.

"Let's get you inside... Ray." I say. Everyone goes inside.

-

Caitlin checks out ray. And Barry and I are talking to Felicity. "So he seems a little tall for you." Barry says.

"Barry Allen, are you jealous." I tease.

"Je—no. No, I'm not jealous. I just—I really wished you would've called before flying in." Barry says.

"Oh, no, he flew. I drove." Felicity defends.

"I'm serious, all right. Now is not the best time." Barry says.

"Why?" I ask.

"What's going on?" Felicity says.

"Ah, well, my ears popped, so that's something." Ray says walking out of the med bay.

"You're lucky you didn't break your neck. What is it with you billionaires being superheroes?" Caitlin says.

"So have you... picked a name yet?" Cisco asks.

"I'm kind of partial to The Atom. Shoo." He makes a little circle with his hand.

"You married to that, or...?" Cisco asks. I snort.