Chapter 21- Clueless

"A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous."

~Ingrid Bergman

----------------------------------------------

Harry's POV

Lauren had walked into art class unusually late this morning. She is normally here much earlier than I am. When I arrived, she was no where to be seen so I took a seat at the table she normally sits at so that I would be able to spend more time with her. My thoughts have continuously wandered back to all she told me on Saturday. I know there is still something she hasn't told me. It doesn't seem to be some little secret either, it sounds like it had a big impact on her life.

When she walked into class, she tried to be quiet but it did not work out too well. The door creaked and everyone turned to the source of the noise. As I finally caught a glimpse of her face, she did not seem to be very happy at the moment. She looked stressed as if she had a lot on her mind . I'll have to ask her what the matter is when she comes to sit down.

Mr.Court called her over to his desk to have a chat but I could't really hear anything from way back here. I could only see his lips moving before her head quickly looked up from the floor and her eyes were wide in astonishment. Her head shook as she replied to him. Not being able to hear the conversation is starting to be frustrating.

He let out what seemed to be a sigh and he ran his fingers through his hair before pointing his finger at her and saying something. She nodded her head and had a small smile on her face. It looked as if he dismissed her from the conversation and she looked over to where I sat, waiting for her. I gave her an acknowledging smile but she closed her eyes as a pained expression came over her. When she opened them again, her face held no emotion. It was as if she looked straight through me like I wasn't even sitting here. Just when I thought she was getting ready to come over to sit with me, she turned and walked the opposite way to sit at an empty table on the opposite side of the room.

Why didn't she sit here with me? I was beyond confused by her actions.

Had I done something wrong?

My mind traced back to all my conversations with her within the past few days and I can't recall doing anything to make her mad or even upset her for that matter.

I cotinued to follow her every move with my eyes. She sat down and moved her books to the side as she opened the painting kit. Her hair was quickly tied back before she glanced at me.

By the time I managed to attempt to mouth a 'whats the matter' she had already turned her head back down to look at the blank canvas infront of her. Her eyebrows furrowed as she tried her best to keep her attention on the painting. I knew that she could feel my gaze on her since her eyes darted around the table to restrain herself from looking up and meeting my gaze. Why is she avoiding me?

Her hands glide gracefully as her paintbrush strokes against the paper.

I need to find a way to talk to her and quick! I have my meeting tomorrow and I had just started believing that I could some how pull through and gather enough information to finally be done with this process but with her ignoring me, the process has come to a halt all together.

I sigh and decide to leave the situation be until later when I can talk to her alone. Shit, her parents come home today and I don't know if they will want me spending time with their daughter.

Her parents absolutely despised me.

I shook my head to quickly clear the thought out of my head. My curls flopped down into my face but I pushed them back. Reaching out, I picked up my paint brush and gently swirled it around in the black paint.