Chapter 7- 'Action!'

"Friends can help each other. A true friend is someone who lets you have total freedom to be yourself - and especially to feel. Or, not feel. Whatever you happen to be feeling at the moment is fine with them. That's what real love amounts to - letting a person be what he really is."

~Jim Morrison

-------------------------------

I continued to pick up a few dresses that happened to catch my eye then turned back to Harry. He has yet to let go of the hanger of doom. The way he held it was like if it was his favorite you as a child that he refused to let it be taken away from him. Personally, I found this to be quite childish of him.

"I'm going to try these on" I informed him before turning on my heel and making my way towards the fitting room. Behind me I could hear shoes softly padding against the hardwood flooring of the store . His long legs allowed him to walk past me with ease and sit at the couches just outside the fitting room doors. He let his legs spread out in front of him and he had a cheeky smile on his face .

His hand raised up to motion to the room closest to his seat , "Go right ahead" , he said.

Shaking my head in amusement, I walked into the larger room and locked the door securely behind me. No time was wasted in stripping out of the hideous school uniform and I began taking the first dress off its hanger. Outside the door there was a new sound of a conversation. A girl or two girls' voices and then Harry's voice joined in as well. I know it might be rude, but I decided to listen in. There isn't anything wrong with that , it's just.. Okay fine. I was eavesdropping! But I bet everyone has done it at one time, anyone who says they haven't is a liar.

"Hey there, what are you doing all alone in here?" The feminine voice asked.

"Waiting for my friend, she's in the changing room" ,he responded.

"Is she your girlfriend?"

I finished zipping up the zipper that was on the side of the dress as I eagerly awaited for his answer. Wait what? Stop it Lauren! You shouldn't care, he sure doesn't care about you.

"Um.. Lauren, are you done yet?"

"Huh?" I asked kind of confused.

"I want to see how it looks" a soft shuffling of shoes could be heard outside the door.

"Oh-" I moved my shoes out of the way and set the other dresses down on the small stool in the corner and then made my way over to the door, opening it slightly and poking my head out slightly . Harry was a few inches away from the door and looked down at me the minute I pulled it a little bit open.

I released a short breath of air then pulled the door open a little more, just enough for him to be able to see me but nothing else in the room. His eyes lock with mine before the cascade down excruciatingly slowly, absorbing every inch of my frame . This made my pulse speed up. My blood travelled through my veins quickly increasing how self-conscious I already felt . The silence he was emitting made me feel no better.

See, even he thinks you're ugly. He just wants to be nice and not say anything.

There they are again. Lately it was no longer only at home that I would hear them. They started to speak to me anywhere I was, tempting me in the worst ways possible and it's dangerous.

The piercing green eyes I'd been confronted with so many times paused in their exploration. What was he looking at? Whatever it was caused him to scrunch up his eyebrows. I couldn't really tell whether he was confused, annoyed, or angry. Maybe a combination of two or even all three? Tracking down his gaze, I caught sight of the bottom of my thigh that was a little bit above my knees. My mind totally slipped to the fact that the dress was shorter than I would have wanted it to be.