Chapter 17- Trust

"I can't explain chemistry. I really can't. I haven't got a clue what it's all about. It just happens. It's like falling in love. You can't explain why you fall in love or explain why it's this particular person."

~Elaine Stritch

----------------------------------------------

Harry's POV

I open the door to my flat and walk in. The lights in the living room are on and I could barely hear the television on. Niall must be watching and waiting for me to come back. I slam the door shut behind me to notify him of my presence.

"Harry?" He calls out just as I expected him to.

"Yeah, I'm home!" I say while tossing my car keys into the small bowl kept on the table next to our door. My shoes were kicked off onto the small mat we laid out and I decided to join Niall. When I entered the living room he was laying on the couch with his head turned to the television that was playing some cartoon show.

Don't ask, Niall is just.. Special. But he is still my best mate and always will be. He was there for me even before we joined the business. It wasn't our choice, really. We were more forced into it more than anything else.

"How was the date?" He turned his attention to me and smirked. Seeing as he took up the whole length of the couch with his body, I settled for taking a seat on the arm of the chair.

"I think she's starting to at least have some feelings."

"That's great but you do know you'll be meeting with the boss in four days, right?" His eyebrow quirked up as he reminded me of the most stressful part of this all.

"That's all I've been thinking about. She isn't easy to open up you know.." My hand runs through my hair most likely messing it up but I couldn't care less at the moment. The stress of my job was finally catching up to me.

"You're going to have to open up to her. You can't expect her to tell you everything when she knows absolutely nothing about you!"

Irish boy is right. But isn't he always?

"Niall, you're the only one who knows about it all. Not even Zayn knows the full story and I've known him almost as long as I've known you."

"I understand, Harry. Maybe opening up will be good for you. Stop thinking you're all alone in everything you do."

"But I am alone!" I scream in frustration. I bring both hands up to my hair and tug on the floppy curls, hoping to release at least some of my frustration.

Niall sits up from his laying position and he scowls at me.

"Get you're head out of the fucking clouds, Harry. You aren't alone! You have me for Christ's sake" he retorts.

"I know, I'm sorry. I'm just stressed out with everything" I say barely above a whisper. Niall has stuck around with me through all the shit I've faced while everyone else left. He is the only real friend I have.

"It's alright, mate. I know how it gets" he replies while patting my back.

I turn my body to face him and release a deep breath.I've always been stubborn when it comes to asking for help, I'd rather like to know that I can face things on my own. I'm old enough to take care of myself and I am living on my own, along with Niall of course.

This time I can't deny the fact that I need help and the only person who can really help me is Niall.

You see, the boss gives everyone their own task to complete and this one just happens to be mine. I usually don't share what task the boss gives me with the others aside from the only obvious exception.