Chapter 6- The Right Fit.

"She was not filled up with the sight of him, the way she had seen her sisters fill up, like silk balloons, like wineskins. Instead, he seemed to land heavily within her, like a black stone falling."

~Catherynne M. Valente

----------------------------------------

I continued writing down the equations and notes Ms.Dayne, the math teacher, was creating on the chalkboard . After a while of her explaining everything I couldn't help but get lost I thought. It's not that she was boring.. Well that's a lie. But, it was mostly the fact that I kept thinking back to how excited I felt to start filming the project.

"Lauren ," Ms.Dayne called out my name making me snap out of my little world . When I looked up , I saw that they had started a new set of equations that I had yet to write down, so I quickly started jotting them down.

"What did you get for the second problem?" She asked .

"Um.." , just then the bell rung. The bell that saved my ass from complete embarrassment that is. My face could not have lit up any faster than it already did . With that, I scooped my books up into my arms and rushed out the door along with the large crowd of students also trying to squeeze through the small entrance .

"Looks like you got saved by the bell" Dakota said while slightly nudging my side.

"Thankfully! I had no idea what was going on"I said with a small laugh.

"Here, you'll be needing this" , she said while handing over her math notebook which had a page sticky noted . It was probably the notes from today that I would be needing to copy into my own notebook.

Next up is fourth period, history. This is one of my favorite classes out of the school day . Our teacher doesn't give us much work to do . Nine out of ten times we just watch a movie while he sits at his desk and scrolls away on his laptop . That's not at all a problem for us, less work means less stress! If he ever does give us actual work, it's usually just a fill in the blank to go along with the video or presentation. All in all, most days we just sit around and chat .

Unless administration comes through the classroom in which case we all pull out a piece of paper and pretend to be writing down answers. This was a little 'agreement' we made with Mr.Paul. He said we don't have to do any work, but in the situation where anyone from the office is to check in, we have to look busy. We all gladly agreed to the formalities and now we enjoy our time in class .

My feet dragged against the tiles base of the hallways until they came trudging on to the carpeted floors of my history classroom. Scanning the room, I found a seat in the middle row that was close to a wall. The whole back row was filled much to my dismay since that would have been one of my first choices. The middle row was the next best so I quickly took my seat before anyone else had the chance to. I had just about opened up my books to check some work for my next class when I heard a small dispute coming from the other side of the class, close to the entrance where I had just been. My mind caused me to look up due to pure curiosity and that's when I saw none other than the famous Harry having an argument with another fellow in our class, one who I didn't know the name of and probably wouldn't care to know any time soon.

"Why don't you take a seat and extract the metal rods hanging from your face" the boy spat.

"Maybe if you spent less time worrying about my face and more about filling that empty head with intelligence we wouldn't have this argument" , I was surprised in the way he handled the situation. Even when rude boy had made fun of the jewelry Harry had on his face.

Harry's look was intriguing. He had a lip ring that glistened in the dim lights of the room. The lights had been turned off and only the emergency light had remained on.