Chapter 9- Embarrassment.

"Just when you think it can't get any worse, it can. And just when you think it can't get any better, it can."

~Nicholas Sparks

------------------------------

Harry's POV

Cool? That's all she has to say, cool ? I could not have seen that coming even if it was a few meters away. Being completely honest, I expected little more of an argument from her. A snappy comeback like she usually does. But that's not all that has managed to creep under my skin and drive me mad, the fact that I hardly ever apologise and the one time I do I get that answer. See, this is exactly why I don't apologise to people. No part of me is satisfied with her response and I don't believe that I can go to sleep until I get some kind of closure. It is literally driving me insane!

I forcefully pushed the door open and stepped out my car before slamming it shut and beginning to make my way towards Lauren's front door. This time I will it be accepting a simple answer. When I reached the door I started to continuously bang on it with my fist. For the first few seconds I did not hear anything on the other side. Out of no where, the door swung open and revealed a more than ever irritated Lauren. I guess that makes two of us.

"What, have you gone mad? Banging on my door at this time of night!"

"Cool? That's all you have to say?" I asked, cutting to the chase.

She groaned and rolled her eyes then said, "That's what this is about? Get over yourself Harry" .

Get over myself? It isn't my fault she doesn't know how to properly accept an apology. If she had simply said 'it's okay', we wouldn't be having this problem in the first place!

"Yes, that is what this is about. Seems like some people don't know how to accept an apology!" I said with a new found determination coursing through my veins.

She peeked out and look towards her neighbours house before moving further into her house.

"Come inside before they call the cops for your loud behaviour" she demanded.

I stepped inside and let the door slip closed behind me .

She sighed and ran a hand through her long, slightly wavy hair.

The house was extremely warm compared to the freezing temperature outside. My leather jacket was no help either, I can feel the sweat beginning to form. I'm not going to let myself catch heat stroke for the sake of this damn jacket! I let it slip off from my body and hung it on the coat rack right by the doorway.

"How can you have that long sleeve on? It's like a desert in here" my voice made her head snap up to look at me. She must have been in deep thought because she took a few seconds to comprehend what I had said.

Her dainty fingers began to toy with the ends of the sleeves.

"I u-umm was feeling cold" she sounded a little bit unsure of her self before she wrapped her arms around her torso in a way of acting cold. Something is suspicious about her.. I want to know what she is hiding.

"Cold? It feels like we're on the sun."

She brought her bottom lip between her teeth which distracted my train of thought. Her plump, magenta lips..

Snap out of it !

When she caught me staring, she quickly let the lip fall from the grasp of her teeth which left it slightly swollen.

"What did you want me to say?" She asked moving towards the couch and sitting on the arm with her face in her hands.

I'm guessing we are back to the topic I had originally come here to converse about.