Chapter 5- Leading Lady.

"When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one that has opened for us."

~Alexander Graham Bell

--------------------------------

I honestly do not know why I let myself get into this car with a boy who is almost a complete stranger to me. The most I knew was his name and the fact that he is around my age.

"So why are you late anyways?"

"Overslept.." I said , not at all pleased that he was trying to hold a conversation with me. All I wanted to do was get to the school as fast as we could so I could get out this car and be away from him.

From the corner of my eye I saw him give a simple nod then his hand reached across to turn on the radio. Hard rock music flowed through the speakers, not surprising me one bit. If Ariana Grande had come on instead I would be shocked to say the least.

Throughout the ride I stayed silent and kept my gaze on the scenery that we passed by.

"I somehow can't bring myself to believe you are always this reserved" Harry said breaking the silence, aside from the radio, that we had going. Not to mention that I did not picture him starting a conversation. From the few times recently being around him made me think he didn't talk much unless it was to send rude remarks flying through the air.

"Well.. I am" The sight outside the window suddenly became ten times more interesting compared to a second earlier.

The parking lot came into view and I was grateful for it. My plan was to get out as soon as the car came to a halt. Harry must have had different plans. When we pulled up into a parking space, he swerved in much like the other day when he almost ran over my foot, reaching up to the button and unlocking the doors. My hand had grasped the latch and tried to open the door but my luck wasn't so great. He must have had the type of lock where the doors other than the drivers seat could only be opened from the outside.

He let his seatbelt slip off and turned around, reaching to the back seat of the car. His hand planted on my seat , directly by the side of my head for support. It was kind of funny seeing this take place since his height didn't allow him to stand too much in the car. More than half his body was bent over to keep from hitting his head. When he sat back down, a few books were piled on his legs and a tie was in his hands. One of his hands reached out to bring down the sun visor then flip over the plastic, revealing the small mirror.

I watched as he flipped up his collar and slid the black fabric around the shirt that covered his neck. The length of his fingers adjusting the tie as he continued the process of assembling it the right way. A flashback suddenly hit me.

My memories took me back to when I was little and used to watch my father make his tie before going to work. This was back when he would pick me up and spin me around. Then he would attack me with affectionate kisses all over my face. Mum would come into the room and straighten his tie that would always be the slightest bit crooked.

I shook my head, pushing the memories away to the back of my mind. When my sight of the current moment came back, Harry was looking at me with a questioning look.

He now had his tie on and left his collar a little bit up. His gaze stayed on me for a few more seconds and I knew that I must have let my guard fall for the slightest seconds while having the flash back so I quickly covered it with a blank face. His eyebrows scrunched even more at my sudden change in expression before he got out the car.

My hand went to the handle again to try and open my side but it only reminded me that I couldn't. Within a couple of seconds , the door was pulled open and Harry stood there waiting for me to get out. My shoes hit the pavement and I grabbed my back pack before the door was slammed behind me. I shot an irritated look at him but he only let his lips curl up in a small smirk. It was almost invisible but I caught onto it. Our steps fell in sync as we made out way towards the entrance.