Tick Tock

You are going to be with the Ninja for this one.

"Ten minutes. He just broke his own record. The guy's inhuman." Kai said as he watched the timer.

I was looking down and saw Zane come up.

"Amazing!" Cole said. I smiled and clapped. "Good job, Zane." I said. "We're not worthy." Jay said.

"I broke the record?" Zane asked. "You destroyed it!" Kai exclaimed.

"Okay, okay. Is anyone thinking what I'm thinking? We've been training for so long, I don't think we can get any better." Jay said.

Kai nodded in agreement and I helped Zane out of the water. "Just think about what we've accomplished." Jay finished.

I smiled and blew towards the sea, making a few gusts.

"The question should be raised. Perhaps we have reached our full potential?" Zane asked.

We then started to walk towards Sensei's room complaining about who did the most push ups or sit ups.

"Well, every morning I do 500 pushups." Zane said. "Five hundred? Ha, try a thousand." Kai said.

"Haha. I do a thousand and one." Jay said.

"What is this, amateur hour? Sounds like my warm up. Sensei, what does it look like if--" Cole then stopped walking and speaking.

We then bowed and Zane said, "Our apologies, sensei. We've interrupted you." I then looked up and saw how sad Sensei was.

'Probably about Lloyd... He has gone missing for awhile.. I miss him...' I thought.

"Im sorry if I've been distant lately. My mind has gone elsewhere since Lloyd ha gone missing. What can I help you with?" He asked.

"Sensei, what if we've done enough training? What if we've reached our full potential? What if we're ready?" Cole asked.

"Heh. You might have reached peak physical condition, but you've yet to reach your inner potential. In each an every one of us, there are obstacles that hold us back. Only when you conquer that fear will your heart be free. Only then will you reach your true potential. Only then will we have a fighting chance to stop the serpentine from releasing the Great Devourer." Sensei Wu explained.

"There's more to the Great Devourer then you've led on. Isn't there, Sensei?" Zane asked.

Sensei then sighed and said, "I too have obstacles in my own heart. There's a story I've never told you."

-Sensei's Flashback-

Long ago, when I was a young boy... Garmadon and I were more than brothers. We were the best of friends.

"Wait a minute. I know you two were brothers, but really? The King of Cruelty. The Doer of Destruction. The Captain of Chaos. And you two were, friends?" Jay asked.

"Please no interruptions." Sensei said.

You see, he did not always have a wicked heart. One day, I lost this very katana.

Knowing our father would be mad, my brother told me to go retrieve it. But I refused. He told me not to put off what can be done today and went to get it himself.

When my father found him, he was very ill. For he was bitten by a legendary snake that would grow forever as long as it consumes.

A great evil had found its way into my brothers heart. For the snake's venom could turn the purest of things wicked.