Chapter 27: (Honest Truth) Discarded

"A discarded Vocaloid?" The officer says. "You think I know about that stuff?"

Kaito seems hesitant. He looks at me for a second, clearly worried. "Well I mean.... j-just to continue, uhm..."

"Spit it out, Kaito..." I murmur to him.

"A discarded Vocaloid holds the normal Vocaloid abilities, the ability to create lyrics immediately, the ability to control the way you sing, and a special... 'power' that can be used for comedic reasons. It changes to something else once that Vocaloid is deleted." Kaito explains. God, he's sweating a lot. Why is he so nervous?

"Sounds like fantasy." The officer says.

"I-I know, but if you were to look at the Vocaloid events and songs.... well, I'm pretty sure all of that would seem like fantasy. Anyways, that ability is unique. Different for every Vocaloid. Miku, our main, for example, has a thing with....." Kaito clearly tries not to snicker. "Leeks and stuff."

"Why is this related to our conversation?" The officer asks, clearly annoyed.

"Erm, well, I would say here that... (Y/n)'s ability to sing and heal is no fantasy. She's a..."

My eyes widen.

"She's a discarded Vocaloid. She holds a power."

You're kidding me.

"Kaito, what do you mean?!—"

"This sounds like bologna. What's wrong with you?"  The officer interrupts.

"Do we need to show you?" Luka replies. She sounds agitated.

"God no. But listen, we'll have you arrested until you can tell us everything."

"W-Wait! What else do you even need to know?" I say, shaken.

"Why the heck you were in that house."

"To escape that crazy yandere, Lira! She's been chasing us around and... and...." I began to cry. Of course at the worst time.

"Calm down. Do you have any proof that she's been trying to kill you?" The officer seems to be a little more subtle.

"Her actions! The way she yelled at us, for Pete's sake!" I exclaim.

"We can take this to court, if needed."

"Is that even possible, at this point?"

"Yes. I mean, we're going to have to take care of you anyways, and figure out your sentences in prison."

"S....sentence?"

"We're running out of time. Explain to me one more thing: was this Lira always like this?" The officer glares.

"....no, no she wasn't." I murmur.

"That's all that's left for now. Next up is the other girl's turn to explain everything. There are officers waiting for you outside, they'll have to take care of you for now. In your cells." The officer stands up and opens the door. Outside waiting two men with badges.

I look at Luka. She's in distress. Ava's been quiet, as well.

Today will be a long day, that's for sure.

What are we gonna do?

•••

HELLO MY DRAGONS. Thanks for reading this short, poorly made chapter. I've been plotting out everything! I'll try to make the chapters come in faster.

By the way, I have no idea how the court works 😂 so if things come out all stupid, I'm sorry.

Anyways, if you have any ideas for this path, just tell me! I'll be sure to try and include them.

Anyways,
See you in the next chapter! Bah bye