Chapter 26: (Hidden Away) Eerie

(Y/n)'s POV:
"You will be taken in for questioning, and be sure to answer all questions honestly." The Police officer driving says.
"Yessir." I reply, quietly.
I look at Kaito. He's facing away from me. I can feel the sadness coming from him. I wanted to say I'm sorry... but I don't think it'll really change much.
It's a long, silent drive, until we reach the station.
"Come on, get out." The cops say, opening the door for me and Kaito. Walking out slowly, I feel sorrow aching in my stomach. We won't really get arrested, right?
It all really depends on Lira, and if she tells the truth or not....
Walking inside the building, I see Lira. She doesn't notice me at first, but when she does, something feels off. Everything around her darkens, and she gives off an eerie feeling. Not one like before, I've never felt one like this.
She smiles.
Sweating, I turn away and look back at Kaito.
~~~
Later, we were taken into questioning. Mainly questions like "where were you before this" and "what do you have to do with this woman?"
The entire time I never felt right. Something was watching me, and everything felt quiet.
"I'll keep you here."
I shoot up. The officer questioning us looks at me.
"Ma'am, is everything alright?" They ask.
"Did... did anybody else hear that?" I ask. Kaito looks at me, worryingly.
"(Y/n), please don't make this worse for us." Kaito asks, silently. I nod and sit back down.
"E-everything is fine." I say. They continue with questioning.
"I know you can hear me."
"You aren't alone."
"I'll keep you here."
"You'll never wake up"
Who is that speaking?
"Fear for your life."
I-I can't tell who it is. It's only a garbled voice.
"You'll rot away. It's already been a month."
Who are you?
"He will. Be. Mine."
~~~
Kaito's POV:
(Y/n) looks like she's in distress. Is she ok? What's wrong with her?
Answering questions, I constantly give her a concerned look. She never looks back. She only stares through everything. Staring with blank eyes.
I hear faint whispers coming from her. What is going on? Is this related to her being a discarded Vocaloid?
The whispers are echoing.
After a while, the officers claim that we can be sent home just for now, and that we're lucky we can even be able to leave. We will come back the next day, for more thoughts.
(Y/n) looks pale. She hasn't said a word. Ava and Luka join with us.
"(Y/n)," I say. "Are you ok? Do you want me to carry you home?"
She shakes her head "no."
I nod, and we continue to walk.
It was a long walk, but we found our way home. Reaching for the door, I hear a whisper,
"Hello, precious."
~~~
HELLO MY DRAGONS! And thank you for reading this chapter!
I'm up too late, I shouldn't be typing right now but I've hit a surge of inspiration. I hate breaking the rules like this but otherwise this story won't move.
Anyways, a long time ago, somebody requested something for the story, and I think you know who you are, but I've found a way to work it in! It won't happen right away but I'll try to fit it into the puzzle.
Anyways, see you in the next chapter! BAH BYE!