"I think I do."

"You hesitated before you answered."

"I know."

"Do you know why?"

"No I don't know why." I was getting tired of his games.

"Are you a bad girlfriend?"

"No."

"Do you have herpes?"

"What. God no."

"Okay well then he has no right to get friendly with them ever." He pulled into the parking lot.

"It doesn't matter Logan. He won't do it again."

"Stop letting him lie to you."

"It's not your job to police my relationship. Just stay out of it." I hopped out and seethed my way into the building. Who did he think he was. Completely and utterly disturbing. I took a deep breath and plastered on a smile for the receptionist. "Hi. I'm here to pick up an order. Under the name of Remie Smith." He scrolled through his little labtop and notebook thing before finding it.

"Ahh yes. Here she is. Umm its a lot of food. Do you need help." I opened my mouth to answer but apparently I couldn't do that anymore.

"No. She has me. Can you load it in the black Range Rover outside please?" Logan came in finally.

"Oh of course. You can have a seat right here. My workers will load it. Just relax for a bit."

I sat down in one of the plastic chairs and picked up a platinum edition of Elle. I stuck my nose in the pages and pretend to read. I tried my best to ignore him. Logan took a seat next to me. Just my luck. "Telly." I ignored him. "Tell." He drew out. "Chantel." He shook my knee.

"What!"

"I can't stay away. I'm too involved now."

"Don't you dare quote Titanic."

"I just don't want to see you get hurt."

"It doesn't matter. You're not my brother."

"Yeah but your brother is-" he caught himself.

"My brother is what?"I raised an eyebrow at him.

"I can't tell you. Not yet."

"Why not."

"The truth can hurt you sometimes." I looked down at my feet. "I know what you told me wasn't 100% truthful."

"Logan," I swallowed a bile in my throat.

" I know what he did. And honestly, I don't blame you for being so forgiving so quickly."

"Please Logan don't,"

"But I know what that feels like. You feel betrayed. And alone. And afraid and angry. And heartbroken. At yourself." He continued and started moving closer to me. And closer and closer some more. Instinvtively I backed away until I reached the wall. "Let me make you feel better." His large hands grabbed my hips and pulled me into a hug. I rested my chin on his shoulder. "It's okay. You can cry."

I pulled back from him. "I can't.Maybe I just needed a hug."

"Maybe."

--------------

I found myself looking in the mirror at my finished self. The dress I bought clung to me and showed off a little more curves then I usually showed. My legs were covered in purple pantyhose. Anyone with bare legs should be sent to the sanitarium.