Chapter 18

Telly's P.O.V.

--------------------------------------------------

I stumbled into my apartment by myself. I closed the door and kicked my shoes off disappointedly by my desk and threw myself onto my bed. My dress was hoisted up to my thigh as I laid down on my pillow. He didn't even try. I thought that tonight would be the night. That tonight everything would change. My lungs forced breath out of me and I calmed down. All good things to those who wait. Thanks Mother Gothel. Feeling sorry for myself, I ripped my dress off and threw it on the floor, wishing Jared was doing that now. I pushed the ridiculous lingerie off thinking that he should be the one undressing me right now. I changed into comfortable night clothes and threw the dress in the back of my closet along with the shoes. My jewelry was slammed on my desk. I wanted this to happen so much. I tried ignoring the gnawing disappointment inside of me. I washed all the silly putty on my face off and watched it escape down the drain. I dried my face and jammed my toes into a pair of flip flops. I flopped my way to my couch and watched Tangled with a giant bowl of ice cream sitting in my lap. Maybe in La Push. It would only be us. Together. Alone. For the whole weekend. But right now I was together with myself. Alone. For the whole weekend.

---------

Monday

When I pulled up to the parking lot something was seriously wrong. Remie wasn't at school. I stepped out of my car and slowly walked toward Jen. She seemed completely lost. Logan was being anti social and Jared hadn't showed up yet. Good. I didn't want to see him that much anyway. " Jen why the long face?" I asked with curiosity coating my voice.

" Bryn and Toph." a judgmental thumb pointed to her far left. By the looks of it they were sucking each others face off. " Get a room!" She shouted angrily and it all made sense. Either she was jealous or Bryn was oblivious to the fact that her best friend didn't exist to her anymore. And then something clicked. Jace. Me and Jared. I looked to my feet ashamed. I ran a hand through my still straight hair and patted her on the back.

" This will only last for a week at the most. Does anyone know where Remie is?" I wanted to see her and tell her she was wrong about homecoming.

"I don't know anything she's probably just skipping today. Don't worry about it." So I didn't. I walked to my locker deciding to start my day.

-----------

Tuesday

Me not worrying about her was a big mistake. Me being selfish was a big mistake too. I stepped out of Jared's camero without his help. I trotted in my red booties to Jen again. This time there were skullcandy earbuds shoved deep in her canals. I decided to leave her alone. My red leather jacket flounced as I walked into the building shielding myself from the bitter cold. Stupid October. I opened my locker door and grabbed a textbook when Jared appeared beside me.

" Have you heard from Remie? She hasn't reached out to anyone yet. This isn't like her."

" No I haven't. I'll drive up to her house after school today."

" The last time you said that your wrist was sprained."

" Yeah but that was because I was being stupid and angered a beast."

" True. That was pretty dumb."

" Thanks. Goodbye Twinkletoes." I spun on my heel and flounced away.

----------

I shut the door to my car and walked up the long driveway. Once I was on the porch I rung the doorbell and waited for some random butler to open the door. I adjusted the care package on my arm as the double doors drew back.