Chapter 35

Telly's P.O.V.

--------------------------------------------------

A grande caramel frappuccino sat in front of me as I scrolled through my dashboard on tumblr. I completely tuned out Jace and Remie talking about god knows what. I think I stopped paying attention when they opened their mouths. That's just how much I really cared. I sipped some of the coffee infused drink that I usually refused to consume through the annoying green straw. The Starbucks was almost empty and music played low indie artists in the background. My eyes dragged lazily across the brightly lit words on my screen as the door opened and a few customers blew in.

None of them were Logan. A pang of disappointment struck inside of me. I actually really wanted to see him. Just to study his face. The way his eyebrows furrowed when he was beyond confused or angry about something. The way he ran his hands through his hair in frustration. The shade of blue in his eyes. The way his hands twitched slightly sometimes.

Stop it. Stop it. Stop it. I don't know what was happening. He was all I could think about. Maybe I'm just becoming really hormonal like those hopeless romantics you usually see. Maybe something was wrong with me. Or maybe I was still in a little shocked from my encounters with Jared. I shook my head to rid my ridiculous thoughts and stared at my phone screen again. I reread some text messages between some old friends of mine. Wow I really changed.

The bells above the door chimed again and more people filled the mainstream coffee shop. I stared into nothing. Nothingness consumed me. I couldn't focus on one thing. My butt touched the backseat of my car. I wasn't sure exactly how I was thrown back there but it didn't bother me. I watched as Jace kept a steady grip on the steering wheel. I watched the way that his fingers entertwined with Remies. They fit perfectly. It was true. They were in love but too shy to admit it to themselves.

I watched the angry raindrops beat down on the windshield. Rain came down in sheets and tormented the roads. Light was reflected from the streetlights on the slick road. I didn't want to forget this weird place. I kinda liked it. Just taking in details about the littlest things. It was nice. Maybe I could escape here often. Jace had come back from walking Remie to her house and I stayed put. I didn't want to move up front. I don't think I can. Pretty sure I'm glued here. "You're awfully quiet back there." I heard his voice.

"Hmm?" I was startled by his embrace.

"I said you're really quiet. Are you mad." Concern latched to his voice.

"Why would I be mad?" I knitted my eyebrows together.

" Because I pretty much ignored you when I'm the one who offered to go out. I'll make it up to-"

"No you don't have to I'm fine. It's nice that you want to." I lied. I guess you could say that I was a little upset. Jace was pulling himself away from me. Almost like I did to him. It was like a bandage being ripped from your skin. Or getting you're eyebrows waxed.

"Open up to me Telly. I know that you feel like I'm neglecting you."

"I'm okay being alone Jace. I'm usually always alone."

"But you don't have to be. Alone I mean. It can get lonely." I could see the apartment building.

"I know. Just trust for whatever reason I'm okay." And nothing more was said. We rode the elevator up in silence. And I walked into my house without a goodbye. My lungs heaved air out of them forcefully and I walked into my bedroom. Logan was folded up on my loveseat.

"Oh there you are. I have good news and I have great news. Which one first." He couldn't contain his excitement. His eyes were lit up like a Christmas tree. He looked like a little kid about to explode with happiness.