Chapter 38

Telly's P.O.V.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I found myself in the rover with Logan. The dead air between us was actually kind of awkward.

I kept my hands in my lap and didn't move a muscle. I wasn't sure if he was in one of his moods or not.And I didn't want to be the one to anger him. "What are you thinking?" Okay now I was jinxing myself.

"Oh uh nothing. Just watching the trees." I lied. Why was I nervous. Around him.

"No you're not." He protested.

"Yes I am."

"Why do you do that?"

"Do what?"

"Defend yourself." I stopped from saying the first thing in my head.

" It's just instinct. I do it a lot." I shrugged as if to play it off cool. I stared at the tall pines outside.

" Yeah I know. I remember." Wait...What?

I played with the bracelet that appeared a few nights ago on my wrist. The cool metal twisted between my fingers. My phone started ringing in my back pocket. I answered without looking at the caller ID thinking it would be Remie. "Hullo."

"Hey babe. I was just checking on you to see if you're okay."

"Oh yeah I'm okay. Port Angeles is a long way from Seattle. Damn Remie."

"She wanted a caterer from there. You know how she is." The bell rang in the background. "Oh well I guess i better be off to Chem. Oh I was thinking. Did you wanna go out tomorrow?" He offered.

"No I can't. I uh made plans with Shai."

"Oh okay. Well I gotta go. I love you."

"I love you too." I ended the call and rested my head on the window. I wasn't up for anything he had in mind. I had some of my own thinking to do. My head started hurting. The city started coming into view.

"You didn't make plans with your sister did you?" Logan spoke again.

"No I didn't make any with Shai."

"Why'd you lie about it."

"Because him and I aren't on the best terms right now." I promised myself I wouldn't tell him what happened.

"Wait...Why. You and him were so good together. What happened. What did he do? What did he do?" His voice lowered.

"He's just been getting a little too friendly with a few other girls."

"How friendly is too friendly?"

"Why do you wanna know so much. Are you gonna grind him to a paste too."

"No I'm just curious. How friendly is too friendly?"

"Too friendly is just too friendly." I shrugged trying to be done with this conversation.

"Just tell me what happened."

" He's been flirting with the cheer squad okay? I didn't want to tell anyone."

"What did he say when you caught him."

"He said they were only like sisters and friends to him." Why was I letting myself tell him everything. Because I'm an idiot.

"And you believe him."

I hesitated before I answered. Do I? "Yes I do."

"I think you don't."