Chapter Thirty-Three

Miles

   "Looks like we found out where Kaliska's being held." Sean called out and the pack huddled.

   "Where is my little girl?" Frank snapped, tired of being the weaker species. He knew he couldn't fight a werewolf or vampire hand to hand but he knew how to shoot a gun.

   His wife curled into him, eyes big and hopeful. "She has to be okay, honey."

   Frank kissed his wife.

   "What does the Alpha want?" Miles crossed his arms staring at Sean for direction. He owed it to Kaliska to do better and prove to be a friend.

   "For you. Alyssa. And I'll choose two others. Be ready. When she calls again she will give us location and flare her scent out for you to find."

   Jake gritted his teeth, wanting to join. He knew that would be premature. Jake wasn't ready to face anyone. Not till her was turned and with some training. He saw his mom crying and went over to kiss her cheek. "You know Kalis mom. She isn't going anywhere."

   She nodded. "I just can't stand my little girl in so much pain."

   Miles could understand. He spent the last several months bitter and angry and instead of being another wolf to have her back. He looked to Alyssa who was watching him and smiled. She was guarded with him and knew he had things to work through.

   "I think I'll need a quick meal." She walked into the kitchen.

Sean pulled Miles to the side. "I need you to keep your head clear."

Nodding, Miles wouldn't argue. He'd brought a few to question his control when it came toward Kaliska and now he had to prove that he had it back in check. "I'm good."

Narrowing his eyes, Sean nodded. "Okay. Alyssa will be in charge until you all reach our Alpha."

She older than Miles and the two others Sean walked up to were also older werewolves. It was an honor and high respect to go out to fight at his early life as a werewolf. Mac hated dominant females and abused Alyssa till he got her to submit. But since Miles father been gone, she rebuilt her wolf's confidence and outranked those who use to look down at her.

"I have no problem with that," Miles assured him.

"Good." Sean said a few more words and dismissed him.

Walking into the kitchen, Alyssa back was leaned against the counter, eating a double stuffed turkey sandwich. Staring off in a daydream, she didn't acknowledge when Miles walked in. Her blonde hair was cut recently. Blue eyes, meet his brown ones when he stood beside her. He smiled and she only nodded.

"Could have a bite," he asked trying to make conversation. He didn't know what he was doing. Suddenly nervous, Miles looked away and turned to face the counter.

For a werewolf, sharing a meal held a meaning of trust. Alyssa took another bite and chewed in silence. She was not yet trusting of him.

Fair enough. Miles found all the makings of a sandwich still available on the counter. "Would you like me to make you another one?"

"I'm fine." She pushed herself off of the counter to leave.

Sighing, Miles decided some truth would help. "I don't know what I'm doing."

"That's evident. Pretend I'm Kaliska and maybe that'll help you."

Miles put the bread he'd grabbed down and faced her with a grimace. "That's not fair."

Just as Miles thought Alyssa would yell at him, her expression softened. "Look. I have decided. Instead of you trying to force something you don't want. Don't try at all." Alyssa nodded as hearing her own words barely made sense to her. "Maybe I misread your wolf's intent."