Mastigophobia. - Gary X Frightened!Reader (Fluff)

I was always afraid, even from the start, getting hit, or hurt in any other way. I tried to do the right things, but there was usually something wrong, small things, big things, I get punished for it.

Coming to Bullworth was when it all unraveled. We sometimes played sports, getting hit in the face with a ball or choosing not to participate, I was crying for days. I was so scared of being hurt, or even the consequences of not doing anything in general.

I'm still with this giant fear, a fear there will be consequences, some people used me for certain things only because they knew my fear.

My best friend Gary didn't do this. When I did something, he'd notice. He knew about my fear, and he's been caring for me ever since. We defended each other, inseparable. Most people shipped us, but I knew I could never be with someone as crazy, but caring as Gary. I only have him because he's the only best friend I have in this world until I die.

"Hey, Y/n." He hugs me from behind, giving me a sweet little smile.

"Gary...hey." I smile weakly.

"You ok?" He asks me while walking with me on the path of my favorite place at night.

"Yeah, just going in thought, really deep in thought." I look down, know where to go at the same time.

"Well, you mind if I keep you company, just in case there are any men who decide to kidnap you?" He asks me.

"I could really use the company actually, to a 'park' I go to. I can't stand being so alone, being so depressed and having this stupid fear." I tell him.

Many boys forced me and threatened me to do thing I didn't want to do, such as drag me with them somewhere I kept saying 'no, I don't want to' on repeat to.

I kinda had the feeling Gary might've have been capable of doing something like that, but deep down I knew he wouldn't ever do that.

Gary's POV

I can't help but feel so heartbroken about Y/n. She looked and sounded so scared of being punished, usually for the smallest things. I couldn't blame her, not even could I control my anger because of some of the bullies threatening her to do something for them if she didn't do what they wanted her to do. It pissed me off deep down. I know I wouldn't ever do that to someone so special and dear to me. I like her, and I care, I care for my only best friend who's under my wing, and I'm in hers. 

I'm surprised that...despite her biggest fear, she could still stand up to people, as if she is immune to any kind of damage. One of the reasons why I liked her so much was because she's so brave and strong at the same time.

We continued to walk and make a conversation about some random things. I feel so comfortable in her presence, she actually kept me sane, as long as I'm with her, rather in a relationship with her or not, I know I would still remain this way. I didn't know which park we were going to, only knowing the one park where Mr. Burton always ran around.

"Y/n, which park are we heading to?" I turn to her asking.

"It's not actually a park, it's just where I prefer to be most of the time, and since it's Friday, I get to spend more time there, this time with you comforting me." We both look in front of us to see a small entrance to the woods that nobody would ever dare to enter.

"Aren't you scared of a place like this?" I say shakily.

"No, are you? You're shaking." She holds my hand. I begin to blush from the fact that she was the one holding my hand as we both connected and walked into the woods together. Her hands are always so soft and warm. I felt the blush creep across my face as I felt her squeezing it slightly.