Chapter 18 - Sealed with a Kiss

Red's POV

"Ash, you didn't tell me you are coming." Truly, surprised is an understatement. The last time I have seen Ash was last Friday. It was a day to reckon; a day that I thought will be the end of my life. It wasn't uncommon for a werewolf to lose his mind over a rejection of their mate and judging from what happened last Friday, my life since then was in chaos. That's is why Ash being here today is a very early Christmas gift.

"So, you can continue torturing those poor souls inside?" The concern is very evident in his eyes. It was alluring but the anger is there as well. That anger in his eyes caught me off-guard that I have to look away from him and gaze at the distance filed of green grasses, teeming with mesmerizing wild lilac flowers.

"What torture?" I played it cool but considering these past few days, it dawned on me that I may have become harsh with the way I treated my warriors. Now that this is coming on to my attention, I felt guilty of all the things that I have said, and it is terrible.

"Really Red? Playing not guilty? I have seen how you one by one destroyed those people's self-esteem right in front of my eyes. Really? Will you deny that?" He held my face and motioned it to look at him in the eyes, these tingles that I always feel whenever we have physical contact. Oh! Moon Goddess, is this what a mate can do to me? I can't lie right to his face, can I?

"I'm sorry." Tears flowing down my tears. I just can't lie right to his face. I kneeled and cried once again. No one should see me in this situation, my pack will lose their respect for me, but I couldn't care less about that anymore. My priority here is to win back my mate, the soonest possible, and to profess my love for him. If submitting to my Luna is what it takes to me to get that priority so be it. I am ready to lose my face, and that is something I wouldn't hesitate to do over and over again. My ancestors might be now laughing in their graves, seeing that their descendant has succumbed to such weakness. If they accuse of being weak for my mate, then I am guilty as charged. However, I vowed, it will only be to my mate that I will be weak.

"Don't be silly Red, don't say sorry to me. You owe this apology to the people inside." He smirked. It was sly, but a smile is a smile and ill take all the positive responses from him that I can take.

"So that means you forgive me?" I still didn't get up even I can see that my pack members are looking at me from a distance.

"I guess we are even. I am here to apologize to you too. I was very inconsiderate of your feelings last Friday and really regret what I did." Puzzled, I looked at him.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I have been contemplating my actions last Friday and let's just say that there are some complications, but I will deal them with myself." Ash smiled while saying those things.

"You mean that you are giving me chance?" hope started to crawl back to my heart as his smile became wider by the second.

"Come on, be smarter than that."

"Are you saying I'm stupid Ash?" Normally my ears will pant by just hinting that I am stupid but with Ash, everything just seems to be cuter."

"Are you not?" He answered while raising his left eyebrow. Oh boy, this guy is being sassy and testing my limits.

"Am not." Fakery, I showed him an angry face, but instead of being scared, he just laughed off, clutching his abdomen. It might sound so cliché, but his laugh sounded like music to me and I wouldn't twice of trading everything just to hear it daily.

"Don't you dare show that angry face to me Red, we both know that I can kick your ass. Admit it, you have fallen mighty Alpha."

"But, how did you know by the way?" I am still unenlightened how Ash come to learn about our existence. It might be a threat.

"I'll talk to you about it the next time, after all, we have more time." More time. That two-word phrase alone made my heart soar in joy as the idea of serendipity and forever unfolds right into my eyes.

"Well, can we make this official now?" I get down on my left knee, in the middle of the purple-tinged green fields, just in the clearing of our territory, that I know, most if not all, all of my pack members are eavesdropping. I'll just make it easy for them, so I opened my mind-link for the rest of the pack. "Can I be your one and only boyfriend Ash?" I was scared and excited at the same time when I let go of those words. It's now or never.

"No." I felt my breath caught up in my throat the moment he said no. Just like me, I heard all my pack members gasped with the rejection their alpha got from his mate. I was about to open my mouth and ask Ash why, however, I was stunned when he kneeled down and silenced my thoughts with a kiss.

Paralyzed, frozen, petrified. In short, I can't just move, my brain is going haywire, with all the tingles I am feeling from the contact of our lips. "I don't want you to be my boyfriend, because I want you to be my Mate for the rest of my life." A chorus of relaxed breaths from my pack members awakened me from the slumber of my own thoughts.

"Really?" I had to make sure right?

"Really, now get up and give me a hug." He smirked and winked at me, I felt like I died and brought back to life instantly.

I howled with happiness, soon after, I heard a follow-up chorus of howls from my pack members in the area, signaling that they approve Ash as their Luna, without Ash knowing it.

"Why so loud?" Ash asked.

"They are just happy because of you."

"Are you happy?" He asked me.

"More than you could imagine babe, more than you could imagine."

"Now, I know you're happy, so let's get back to the gym and you apologize to those poor guys you tortured."

I was on cloud 9 awhile ago, and now, I plummeted back to the depths of hell. I thought I'm all good.

"Don't even think you are good Red."

He walked off going back to the gym, which left me no choice but to follow him. This is what you get when you have a smartass boyfriend--- ops, mate. He doesn't forget.

A chorus of laughing and cheering echoed through my mind as my pack members laughed at Ash's last remark. Fuckers!!! And I closed the link.

------The End-----