Chapter 14 - Suspicions Confirmed

Reds POV

I stare at him from a distance, it just a few meters away but for me it speaks miles and miles of longing, of distance and of fear that soon I might totally have lost him. I am no stupid to understand that he always gives these shitty excuses, saying he's busy with homework, that he needs to study or something like going out with Nate. I know for a fact that he doesn't need to study. The guy is a genius and for sure, his home works do not need attention. Teachers don't give him home works because he's already advanced.

So, the reason why he is being this to me is very frustrating. My wolf is clawing to get out and be with his mate. Though I can't allow that. Not now and by the looks of it, not so soon.

Holding this pasta my Mom made, I follow the corridor that I know would lead to where my mate is. Even with this sea of people, I can easily distinguish his scent from the others. No one has that vanilla-strawberry scent in this school but only my gorgeous mate. That is something unique to him and I would trade everything in this world just to smooch every fiber of it.

Alpha, over here. I saw Jayden waving his hand from a distance, though he really doesnt need to do that as I can see him from a mile away. I walked towards their table which is not really from my mates table. As usual, he is with Nate. He looks nerdy with his book today. He usually doesnt carry books, not at least since I met him. But for some reasons this give me the impression that hes closing his doors once again. Its even scarier that he may be closing his life from me.

One thing is also bothering me. Prom and Christmas breaks are fast-approaching. Christmas break means we must leave the country for 3 weeks and go back to the Elderwoods wherein the official transfer of the Alpha title will be given to me by my Dad and I need to leave either with my mate, or mateless.

It is already November and I must fast track my shit and get my mate once again. It has been a week and I guess that is more than enough for him to think over whatever he wants to think about. Starting tomorrow Ill be all over him again. It is now operation Getting my Mate back, well technically not back coz he is not mine. YET.

I motioned towards Jayden, but my attention is glued to my Mate who apparently, I know, can feel my presence right now. I can see how a grain of sweat form in his forehead, a sign that he is conscious that he is being observed. Yes, I still have that effect on him. He might not know it but it means that regardless of his coldness to me, it is undeniable that I am his Mate and we are destined for each other.

Ashs POV

I can feel it. I certainly can, every single fiber of my arm hair is standing. I might not be looking at him directly, but I can feel his piercing stare on me. I see Nate took a glance at the group behind me and do not need to look back just to know who they are.

It has been a week that I distanced myself from Red. Not because I loathed him, certainly I am not scared of him, but I am on a mission right now. Nate and I are on the secret mission to know who the hell Red really is. Every night I get a text from him but me not replying to him is all part of the plan. I am not stupid, but I know that he likes me, more than a good-friend kinda like. I am not assuming but I hope that what I assume is true. So yeah, I am on the process of testing his limits and provoke him what he could do. I need to see that creature that I saw with him that night. I guess thats the only way that I will be able to know who he really is. I mean, know his full name, his birthday, his address but thats all I know, so far. Today, after class, Nate and I will be in our spy mode. Just the thought of it makes me so excited. Its something that I never did before.

I am sorry Red but before I let you in my life without reservations and all, I need to know you, for real this time.

(After Class)