Chapter 17 - Show 'em who is the Luna

Ash's POV

It was Monday again and this time I am excited. I have made up my mind, I will continue seeing Red, not just dating, but I will make him feel that I am his. If I am not mistaken, I heard him saying I am his mate and that must be something. That is something that I am willing now to explore.

Talking with grandma over the weekend opened a new perspective for me. It wasn't Red's mistake. It was his decision for my grandpa to leave granny and my Red has nothing to do with all of this. Mine? That sounds surprisingly new to me, but it has a sense of homeness in it. He is mine, and I am ecstatic to see him today.

With a smile plastered on my face, I walked the dirtied path walk I used to walk for the past four years. However, today is another day. Not just ordinary, because today, I will need to talk to Red.

"Ash, what the hell?" Nate pulled my bag and that pushed me back to the reality, away from the replaying images of what I am planning to talk to Red.

"What?" I answered her back.

"Something is wrong with you, I remember last Friday we were in something not normal and now you are smiling as nothing happened?" She placed both of her hands on her waist and throw me an accusative look.

"I'll tell you later," I told her.

Right after our first course in the morning, I told Nate everything. She was quite shocked but knowing her, she recovered so quickly.

"OOOHHHHH MMYYY GOOODDDD" Her she is again.

"Can you please lower your voice?" I really needed to calm her down as she was half-screaming about I told her of what I think to do today.

"Finally, you are the one who is going to do the move."

"Yeah, so wish me luck."

We made our way to the cafeteria to see Red and his friends. From there, I plan to go with him to our next class since we have it together.

"Nate and I are eating our food when I caught sight of Jayden and the rest of the gang. I was waiting for Red that usually walk behind the rest of the gang. It has been a couple of minutes, but no sign of Red was observed joining the team. The gang looks sad, with slumped shoulder and silent.

"Look at that, what is wrong with them?" Nate whispered.

"I don't know, should we ask them?" I answered her back.

I nodded as we made our way to their table.

I saw how sad the aura of their table is. With shoulders slumped down, and face painted with sadness, everyone is silent when I approach their table. Nate is behind me, giving me the weird look. For sure she is also thinking the same thing about these people in front of us.

"He's gone." One of the females in the group answered.

"Who is gone?" Nate answered.

"Red." One of the guys answered.

I literally felt my arm hairs stand when I hear Red's name. What happened last Friday flashbacked in my mind and the grieving face of Red flashed a horrifying

"What do you mean he's gone?" I bravely asked but my heart is dreading of the answer that I might hear.

"He is just gone," Jayden answered. I swear I saw a tear falling down from his left eye and was that sob I heard?

"What exactly happened?" I just couldn't take it to think all the bad things that could happen to Red. Jayden looked at me again. This time, he is shaking his head off.