Chapter 1- The Meeting

Ash's Point of View

"Coming Mom!!" I lazily shouted back at her when she called from downstairs. Well that is my mom. She is always excited and ecstatic when it comes to me. What can I say? I got her soft hazel brown hair, nearly silver eyes and the perfect cheek bone which she considered as her crowing glory. To top it all, I am the only child since mom had difficulty giving birth to me so they decided not to give me siblings.

I hopped the last flight of stairs when she hugged me tightly from behind. I turned my head to her giving her an amused expression, she is always like this. Yeah! yeah; I know she loves me that much but come on, I am a grown man now.

"Ow.. my baby is now a man". She said with tears gleaming on her eyes. As for me, i am not affected. She says that almost everyday, who would'nt be immuned?

"Mom? I'm going to be late at this rate." I rattle until she lossen up the hug and i was able to escape from the grip. I grabbed my lunchbox from the table and headed to the bus stop. Oh yeah! I am not fan of cafeteria food so my mom prepares my food daily and i always love what stuff inside that box has to offer. I didn't bothered to ask where Dad was because I know that he is busy. That man really. We are not that well off but at least we can afford our necessities and wants.

I was walking the through the familiar dirt path when I heard a piercing shriek of my name from behind and before i could turn around, i was knocked out with a big hug coming from no other than my best friend Nathalie or she preferred Nate..

" HEY YOU UGLY, I HAVE BEEN CALLING YOU THE WHOLE SUMMER, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? " she shrieked through my left ear and i swear im going to pay a visit the clinic after this for possible ear injury. She is always like this. She has been my best friend for God knows how long. She knew my deepest and darkest secrets and I know hers as well, we are like peas in a pod and I'll intercept a bullet for her if worst comes to worst.

" I have been busy you know, we went to Philippines to have a vacation. We went to this island called Boracay and it is like paradise. So yeah, no overseas call and i have not brought my ipad." I explained briefly, honest to God if this woman could'nt get her explaination there will be world war three.

"Ok, so let's see who would be the class valedictorian this year?" She said while waving her eyebrows together. Nate is not your typical girl, compared to my 5 feet 8 inches height, she stood 5"6', she has all the curve in the right places, a pair of legs to die for and a pair of mesmerizing eyes. No wonder she always have lot of admirers. Nonetheless, she preferred to be my bestfriend and that is all that matter. Almost a year ago i remember rumors spread that Nate and I were dating but we said nothing until the rumors died down and still we are here, best of friends and will never be more than that.

" I do not know, ill just do my best." I replied.

"Come on Ash, you are the top of this class since like forever and effortless at that". She scoffed. I'm not bragging but she is telling the fact. I really want to be the head of the class. I know, there are a lot of great minds out there but I want to excel as well, seeing that I'm no good with sports aside from swimming, I really tried to compensate with my academic performance.

As for me, i am wishing me luck this year coz i sense something different. We head to our first subject and when the teacher started to open the book, I lost with it.

The first subject was great noting that it was advance chemistry and it is one of my favorite subjects  along with algebra ang physics. Before the start of the next subject, there is a 30 minute break so i decided to go under in the bench near the school lake to unpack my snacks.. And today's menu is, chararan.. Roasted meat sandwich and fresh orange juice.. I waited for 5 minutes knowing that Nate will be here any minute now. We made this hobby of sharing our packed snacks but most of the time, it was me who has packed lunch for she is always buying her food from the cafeteria.

"Oh My Freakin' GOD. Guess what?".. Nate shouted when she arrived.

"What?".. I answered back in a duh tone. Gossips really. Do I look like interested at these? I am not a nerd but I really don't care about the lives of my fellow students. I really don't care even hell freezes as long as I'm not affected by it.

"Well, earier today I saw 5 new kids around here and mind you, they are oozing with sex appeals." She blurted out which gained no attention from me. Yeah, sex appeals you say? I also have that it's just that I'm not a show off and I don't want others to crave for me. Haha, I thought.

"The hell Nate? You know that i do not swing that way and for sure, they will be kneeling in front of you". I explained to her the obvious. That always happen. Whoever there is a transferee, give it 2-3 weeks and they will be asking the hands of this gorgeous lady beside me.

" God knows Ash, if ever one of them ever tell me he likes me, I may broke our promise of not having a boyfriend 'till we graduate." And here she is again. Okey, at 6th grade, we made this pinky swear that we will have our virginity intact until we receive our college diplomas and I myself is not planning to break that promise.

The bell rang before i could respond to her exaggeration and so we both proceeded to our next class. In the back of my mind, whoever these new kids are, as long as they do not hinder my goal of being the valedictorian we will have no problem with it. I sat in the middle front desk, the place i guess reserved for me since the day I stepped in this school. Then it hit me, the curiosity of being in a relationship. Well there is Jenna of the cheerleading squad who has crush on me i guess, or Becca from the art class who tried to approach me before and confess her love as she claimed and even the team captain of the basketball team who said he is gay for me. I am no homophobic and I am really an open-minded person.

"Haha, relationship my ass". I smirked at the thought of having one, it just sound so absurd. How can you stay in school and have someone watch your every move? That is parent's job right?

" ok class, for this subject you will have a new classmate. Come over here Mr. Donahugh." The teacher announce before starting the class proper.

Without leaving the pages of my book i assumed that this Donahugh is one of the new kids. I really like this book and when I'm inlove with one, no one can divert my attention from it,

" Good morning everyone". And that is when i heard the manliest voice i ever heard in my life and by the voice itself only, he sounds sexy. If only I can come undone with just a voice, I may have an orgasm right now. Whohhh" is this really me? I mean, me? Orgasm? With a guy? The fudge cake is this? Okey he certainly got my curious its so decided to throw him a glance.

"Oh God." That is all I can say before I held my breath..

There you have it guys, the very first chapter of my book. Hope you enjoyed it.. let me know what you think about it.. Love u guys..