Chapter 5- Lover's Latte

Ash's POV
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

It's Sunday today and here I am at my job. Didn't I mentioned that I'm working in a coffee shop as a barista? Well it's only a part time job so no biggie. Oh well, I do make lattes and stuffs like that.

"Thanks for coming in today, hope you'll like your caramel coretto." I handed the medium size latte to the guy on my right after seeing that my latte art is as gorgeous as ever. I really love what I'm doing and it relieves the stress in me.

"You really are great Ash." He smiled to me showing his perfect white teeth. Don't wonder why he knew my name, it's on the tag on my apron.

I'm cleaning the steaming wand of our espresso machine when my co worker called in a candy cane latte. This customer must have not yet moved on from Christmas since this latte is for holiday seasons only. With out looking to who owns the cup, I prepared the drink with all the meticulous care I give to my drinks. Oww, the smell of peppermint over coffee makes me excited. I like mints too if you ask so that's it. This person must be of good taste from choosing this latte..

"There you...." I wasn't able to finish what I'm about to say when I realized who the person in from of me is. The usual aura when he's around is here, the tachycardia I always experience whenever he's looking my way and the intimidating grin he always throw in my direction are proof enough that I'm not hallucinating.

"Hey, I don't know you're working here." He flashed his killer smile while staring at me as if he can see my soul.

"I do, only on Sunday's, you know trying to save up something plus I like my job here." Summoning all the courage to show no emotion and I think I'm failing in this area because I can feel the blood rush into my cheeks.

He's been doing that lately. I noticed. Ever since the exam was done and I learned that he has his eye for someone. He is always there wherever I go. He may not be with me all the times but one way or the other he's in the same place as me. Bus, train, in my study park and even in the locker room when I'm there. The sender of the chocolate and the flowers is still unknown but occasionally I receive some imported candies or even cute little cards with dedications.

"Ohh, look at that heart you made for me. You must be in love with me." Wiggling his thick eyebrows while moving closer to me with his smile almost gave me away and admit that he got into my nerves-in the romantic way. I know that he's just teasing me but I can't help it and feel the little butterflies in my stomach swarm. This guy will be the death of me my god. Doesn't he know how hot he is today with his moss green cardigan?
"Why don't you take your mug and just have a seat Mr. Donahugh. I'm trying to work here." This guy is leaving me no choice but to be rude, give a poker face or else, I'll jump so high like a kid who got their present during Christmas.
Awww so childish..

"Chill man, you're pushing me away? Another rejection?" The grin in his adorable face was now replaced with a sad face. Awwww so cute, as cute as a pleading puppy. Emergency alert, I have to look away or else this cute devil over here will get his way.

"Shoooo" I said with matching hand gesture just to wave him away.. I didn't waited for him to respond, leaving him no choice but to seat near the fireplace with his mug of coffee.

He didn't made a move the whole time I was there but I know that I am being observed. The air conditioner was on but I can feel that the whole place increased in temperature each minute. You know what strange was? He left without any words or goodbye when a friend of mine from the otherside of town came in and talked with me.

Now, I'm here seating in my study table thinking of what to do tomorrow. First grading examinations are done and for sure next will be the sports festival... Hey,,, I'm playing some games too so yeah. I think I'll try to join again this year...