24

Back at the house Mr. Willing was fiercely dragging Molly up the stairs. Winnie was held securely held against Molly's chest. Her screams hurt Molly. She couldn't comfort her. Listening to her baby scream was torture. But it distracted her from the torture she was about to endure.

Finally he flung her into the floor and kicked her, hard. The he pried her hands off of Winnie and threw the baby into the bed. Molly kept her eyes closed. Winnie's screams had stopped. Then he pinned her up against the wall with one hand while he held a knife in the other.
Molly's whimpers couldn't be heard over his yells, "You bitch. Trying to escape. I knew it from the start. You're a worthless slut!"
Molly sobbed, "I'm so sorry. Please don't hurt my baby."
He laughed at that. Then he swiftly cut across her cheek. She let out a blood curdling scream.
He took the knife away from her face and lifted her too up. Then he drew a long cut from her breasts to her abdomen. Molly screamed until her throat went raw. The blade was cold against her skin. Blood seeped out of the cuts into the floor.

As Molly drifted in and out of consciousness she heard a baby coming from downstairs. She could hear shouts and could see fear appear on Mr. Willing's face. Before she allowed herself to drift to sleep Molly heard Winnie's screams again.

Even though Molly was unconscious she could hear everything. It was the police who burst through the door. The dragged Mr. Willing away. He kept saying he would find Molly and the other girls. They would be with him again. Winnie's cries faced and a paramedic started saying to Molly that everything would be fine. She was safe.

Molly could feel herself being lifted onto a stretcher and carried down the stairs. This would be the last time she would be in that awful house. She was glad her eyes were closed. Not having to see it again helped. She wasn't sure why but it did. The fresh air still felt amazing against Molly's skin. She was free. Free of that house. She could go home. Home.