21. Don't you trust me?

Start from the beginning

So with that being said, I continued on the drive to her house.

•••

After dropping my aunt off at home I finally arrived in front of Monte's house after asking around for a couple of hours. I parked in front of the house quickly getting out of the car.

I gotta take care of something, with this whole Monte situation. I know what I said before and I meant most of it, but if I care about something it's gonna show no matter how hard I try to block it out I just can't.

I'm not like Birdie. I can't pretend to be a careless asshole like he does. It's just not me so fuck what I said before about not caring because I do.

I have to get to the bottom of this.

I walked up onto the rugged porch, hesitating before knocking on the door. I crossed my arms looking around anxiously waiting for somebody to end the unsettling feeling fuming up my shoulders.

Two minutes later the door swung open and there stood a girl. She was Hispanic with curly black hair that sat on her shoulders and that's all I saw since I didn't really care to look at her. "Hey," I said.

"What's sup? Whatchu want?" she questioned giving me a dirty look.

"Um, are you Monte?"

"Um, No. Monte is my brother."

My eyes got big in shock. "Your brother?"

"Yep. Whatchu need to see my brother for? You got a problem?"

"No, I just heard that he knows Birdie and I—,"

"Birdie?" she questioned cutting me off.

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, Birdie."

"And who are you to Birdie?" She asked with an attitude.

I put my eyes in my head, trying to hold back my anger. "I'm his girlfriend."

She scoffed. "His girlfriend?"

"Yes, his girlfriend."

"Well, Birdie's 'girlfriend', I'm Melissa. Birdie's chick."

I scoffed crossing my arms. "Excuse me?"

"You heard me, bitch, " she spat.

"Who the fuck are you calling a bitch?"

"You bitch. Get the fuckin' bougie earring from yo ear and you'll be able to hear me."

"Oh my fucking God. Look, can you just help me out, please? Please really, that's all I ask." I pleaded putting my hands up in surrender.

She said nothing putting her hands on her hips. "What's going on out here?" Another Hispanic girl questioned as she tried to step foot in the doorway but Melissa stopped her.

"Go back inside," she said. "I'm handlin' it."

She nodded taking a quick look at me before walking back inside the house. "So? Are you gonna help me or not?" I questioned growing annoyed.