Chapter Thirty Three: Discovery And Distraction

Start from the beginning

Neemah rolled her eyes as they both entered. She heard noises. "Mom!"

Hanan called out as she noticed the front door was slightly opened and she panicked. She saw her mother come out of the kitchen. "Hanan dear,"

Hanan noticed something was amiss. Her mother's voice trembled lightly. She rushed towards her, "What's wrong?" She peered at her.

She shook her head, trying to avoid eye contact, "Neemah!"

"Mom!" And she hugged her tenderly.

"How have you been dear?" Hanan smiled. Neemah's mom had reacted the same way.

"I'm fine, mom."

Hanan realized something odd. "Mom?-" she asked, unsure.

As if on cue, "Foolish woman, what about-" He stopped mid sentence, when he noticed the unannounced visitor. And Hanan cringed.

"Oh my, oh my! Look who we have here. My pain in the butt daughter." He hasn't seen Neemah yet, Hanan observed.

She narrowed her eyes, "What are you doing here?"

"In my home?" He questioned.

"Oh, So it's your home now?" Hanan raised her eyebrow as she stared at her mom, who was avoiding eye contact.

His eyes widened all of a sudden. "Woah! What a great reunion we have here. And if this isn't the silly lost, but surprisingly found, friend of my daughter. Hey idiot!"

"Hey old cargo!"

Imran growled, "I've told you repeatedly not to call me that!"

"Or what?" She prompted.

He tsked, "You know, sometimes I wonder if you and this foolish daughter of mine are twins. You have the same venom running through your veins. Feisty beings."

Part of the reasons Imran doesn't do anything to Neemah and doesn't cross his boundaries around her, is because he knew her dad, a Barrister! Famous one, that is. The last person on earth he wished to cross path with. He couldn't risk going to jail, So a part of him wouldn't admit he's somewhat scared of her. Of course not, I am Imran Abdul Muiz for crying out loud! He thought with a shake of head.

"We would take that as a compliment." Neemah smirked.

"Whatever!" He huffed. "So, to what do we owe this unpleasant visit of yours?" Imran smirked, "You came to see how this handsome man is fairing right?"

Neemah choked and scoffed, "Did I just hear you right? You mean the disoriented and scary face? Heaven knows how you managed to make friends. I mean your friends are all blind right? Clearly, they can't possibly choose you over many alternatives!"

"How dare you!!?" He growled.

But she tend to get on his nerves. Oh, how she gets him really pissed. He was glad he doesn't have them both as his kids, he would've murdered them both. So the best thing he does was to leave the house to avoid her else, he would do something drastic. And he knew the dad wouldn't stay put. He shuddered. But shrugged the feeling off.

"Birds of the same feather..." Hanan added and Neemah chuckled.

"They obviously flock together. Now, I understand." She bursted into laughter and Hanan giggled.

"I'm so gonna disown you!" He turned to face his daughter.

She shrugged and smirked, "And what difference would that make? I have never had a dad. Moreover, who said I haven't done that years back?!"

"I said it! I've always known you are a bastard! No child of mine would've done such!"

Hanan tried masking her hurt. Imran noticed it and smirked. He still and would always have that effect on her, no matter how much she tried to deny it. And it gave him a feeling of satisfaction.