Chapter 39

"Well, Well if it isn't the happy couple

"Well, Well if it isn't the happy couple." I knew that voice very well.

They were here, but why.

"It's you, you're behind this!" Layla screamed, with tears in her eyes.

How could it be!!!!

______________________

*LAYLA POV*

"Jax the look on your face right now is priceless." Jax face was full of shock, as well as I was.

Emily was behind this all. Why was she doing this?

"Why are you doing this? What did you have to do with my brother's death?" So many questions were spiraling in my head. She's my best friend, even my sister.

"Since I'll be killing both of you, I guess I should confess. Well, Layla, I was partly the reason why you're bother died. But his blood wasn't in my hands. I just helped cover up the death and made up that stupid story everyone believed in." She laughed evilly. I hate her. "Harvey here killed him and the reasoning behind it was his unconditional love for me." That explains why I saw him at her house earlier. They both were behind this all. "Kidnapping you wasn't my idea, I actually got a little help. You can come out now." When Emily said those words Ryder came to view. He had a smile across his face. These people were responsible for many horrible things.

"How did my brother die, and why is ryder involved?"

"I'll answer one question at a time, bestie." She gave me another fake smile. I wanted to kill her. I looked at Jax and he was still under shock, his jaw was hanging open. I moved my hand to him to assure him that we would be okay. I least I hope we are.

"Okay Let's go back a year ago."

Dean was in the kitchen with Layla watching an episode of cake boss and trying to bake. Dean wouldn't prefer to do anything else, other than being by his sisters' side. She meant the world to him. Ever since he first laid eyes on her he made it his duty to protect her. "Dean, would you mind getting the flour?" Layla asked. Dean obediently went over to the pantry and reached the flour. Once they began adding the ingredients Dean couldn't help but drift off and think about the girl that had whipped him.

Emily, Layla's best friend. Dean hadn't told Layla anything yet. It all just happened so fast. This secret was probably his only Sin. He felt guilty everytime he thought about it. He tried to end it with her before but she convinced him that they could later tell Layla. She told him that she would understand.

Dean was a fool to listen to her and little did he know that it would later kick him in the butt.

"Dean, did you listen to me. I said if you could go check on the cake." He was brought back from his thoughts.

"I got it, sis." He gave her a kiss on the forehead and when over to the oven. The chocolate fudge cake was ready. "Come on pumpkin. Let's eat it's ready." Layla hated when he used that nickname on her. She was sixteen, not five. Dean knew she hated the nickname but to him, she would always be his pumpkin.