Chapter 3

Emily and I were sitting with StaleWoods Elite

Emily and I were sitting with StaleWoods Elite. Emily was having a blast, I knew that she enjoyed people looking at her and being envious of her.

Many people asked me how was I friends with Emily. They tell me that she's the definition of the devil but they just don't know her like I do.

"OMG, Gemma you're such a hoe." Maddie said to Gemma. Gemma was also another minion of Paris, which meant she was popular. The table was full. It was a combination of jocks, and queen Bs/cheerleaders. I honestly didn't feel like I belonged.

"Layla, I'm throwing a back to school party this Friday. It would be amazing if you came." Ryder told me as the other boys made fun of him. "Ryder just ask the damn girl out. But Lay, you can do way better" Gemma told me, I don't even know her. I could feel everyone's eyes on me, it made me feel a little awkward. Paris then broke the silence "Emily and Layla you're both basically part of the group, not everyone has the choice to sit here. We select and since you're going out with Jax and you're well, Deans sisters you both are totally in." Paris said to Emily and I. "Thanks Paris" Emily then responded. "So, now that we made it official. You and Layla both have to come to the party with us together . It's simply appropriate that the Elite of StaleWoods High make an appearance together, it's tradition. That's how people desire to be us. You guys in?" Paris said.

"Me and Layla are in!" Emily spoke for me again, thanks Em. "Great!" Paris told us with a big smile. "Okay, so me, Maddie, Paris and, Kate are going dress shopping for the occasion would you guys like to come?" Gemma invited Emily and I. "Of course!" Emily said speaking for me again. I seriously needed to talk to her about letting me make my own decisions.
Then the bell rang and it was time to head to class again. Before I could leave the cafeteria. I heard a familiar voice yell my name. "Layla, Wait up" Ryder said. "Yeah, What's up?" I asked Ryder. "Well I wanted to ask you, if you would accompany me to the party?" He asked as he scratched the back of his neck. I didn't know what to say. Ryder wasn't a jerk and he was really handsome. He had blonde hair and big beautiful brown eyes. "Yeah, I would like that" I was unsure but maybe this could distract me. "I'll let the group know that we will be arriving together, pick you up at 8?" He asked. "Wait I thought, this was your party?" I asked in confusion. "It is, but I really want to be there with you, if you don't mind." He said returning my charming smile from earlier. "Okay, see you later" I said and then I walked out of the cafeteria.

*********************
"We're here girls" Gemma said as we arrived to the mall. I brought my credit card knowing that every girl was very wealthy and they wouldn't stop at stores like Forever 21 instead Versace. Basically anything that only millionaires could buy. My parents owned a business so we made a good amount of money but right now the CO CEO was running it for awhile until my parents where stable enough to work.

We all entered the mall as a posse. Paris directed us to a Chanel store. We all walked to the dresses and I was full of astonishment. There were so many beautiful dresses. "WOW, this place is like heaven" I said. "You've really never been here" Kate told me. "Nope" I said popping the P. "OMG guys look," said Maddie as she held a red spaghetti strap, body tight dress. It was a safe choice because Maddie had red hair and brown eyes, it really brought out her hair. "Maddie try on your dress with me" Emily said as she held a simple black dress. Emily had blonde hair and green eyes. Black matched anything so that was playing it safe. They then left to the changing rooms.

"Hey Layla, come over here" Paris yelled from afar. "Yes" I said as I walked over there. She was holding a gold dress inspired by Paris Hilton's 21st birthday dress. "It's perfect" I told Paris. "Yeah, I thought of you when I saw it, go try it on" she said kindly. "I will but first we have to find you a dress as well." I said. Then Paris laughed.

We all left with a bag in our hands. Every girl had found a dress. It was fun. Not only was finding a dress fun ,but I also got to know Paris better and I really liked her. I think it's the beginning of a new friendship.

Authors Note: I updated twice for y'all, Because we made it to 80 READS I can't believe it! thank you guys! Much ❤️