Chapter 26

I just stood there watching them

I just stood there watching them. Not mad at all, just shocked and a bit excited.

What? I automatically shipped it.

"Ryder." I calmly said. I want them to know that I supported them. They heard my voice and soon they both jumped off of each other. They're faces lost color and they became pale. "Layla, It's not what it looks like," Ryder said with a pleading voice, I wasn't mad but what did bother me was that he felt the need to hide it. Be proud of yourself.

"Ryder, Matt. I'm not mad. Don't worry, can we just talk." I tried to keep a comforting tone.

"C'mon." I led them to the living room and motioned them to sit on the couch. "Layla, I'm really sorry," Matt told me. Little did he know that I never felt anything for Ryder, I just pictured him as a friend. "Matt, There's no need to apologize. I never really liked Ryder, No Offense." I looked over at Ryder and he just shrugged. "I just need to know why would you keep dating me if you aren't into girls?" I asked Ryder. "Yeah, Ryder! Tell her!" Matt told Ryder as Ryder looked down to the ground. I patiently waited for his answer. "Well, I've known my sexuality for 2 years now. I haven't come out of the closet just yet. I'm a jock and I really enjoy being on the field, my reputation would be tarnished and I would get picked on nonstop. Some people began to notice this and I had to assure them that the rumors weren't true even though they were. When I saw you that day you came to sit at our table for the first time. I saw it as my chance to show people that the rumors weren't true." I completely understood why he felt this way. like he didn't belong and being himself would ruin everything.

"Am I the only one that knows?" I'm probably the only one and soon I would try to change that, I'm going to try to make Ryder be proud of who he is. Damn if only I used my own advice.

"No, Jax also knows."

"What?!"

"Yeah, that day when Jax and I got in a fight. He saw me and Matt getting it on in the locker rooms. He was beyond pissed not for the fact of me being gay but for the fact of me cheating on you. I heard him whisper 'How dare you cheat on my Layla.' I'm assuming you guys are besties." He looked at me warily.

Oh... Jax.

This made my stomach feel very weird and funky.

"Uh... yeah, we are really close friends," I whispered to myself as I couldn't help but smile at myself. I cleared my throat "anyways, I really do support your relationship. I want to be a bridesmaid at the wedding by the way." They both laughed. "Thanks, Layla. It means a lot to us." Matt smiled at me. "Ryder, this means we're done. And if anybody asks I broke up with you" I grabbed my purse and made my way to the door. They both laughed at my comment. Before I left I gave them one of my very 'sexy' winks.

The sky was now dark. I wondered how Jax and Emily were doing.

******JAX POV*******

I headed to the beach. Emily had a surprise for me. I wasn't excited at all, I only want to be with Layla today actually every day. I realized that I really like her. She's amazing and innocent. She's also very beautiful. Actually the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. Ever since I introduced myself to her in the hallway, I automatically felt something for her.