Chapter 4

I included a picture of Layla's dress above.

The bell rang and the start of the weekend was beginning

The bell rang and the start of the weekend was beginning. I received a text from an unknown number "Pick you up at 8, beautiful. ~ Ryder" I read the text as I sat on the drivers seat. I couldn't help but think about where Jax had been. "STOP, thinking about Jax you Dummy, focus on Ryder, he clearly likes you." I told myself. Then I turned on the engine and left in a roar.

I got home with 4 hours left to get ready. My dad was finally back at work and my mom was asleep in her room, so I went up to my bedroom quietly. I blasted out music from BTS as I made my way to the shower.

I got out 30 minutes later soaking wet. I put on my underwear and bra. Putting my towel up in my hair. I then sat on my vanity getting my makeup ready.

I managed to do a good job with my makeup. I took my towel off my head and started
blowdrying it. Once I finished I curled my hair with perfection. I finally put on my golden dress and paired it up with a pair of white pumps. By the time I was done it was 7:45, Ryder would be here any minute. I looked at myself proud and impressed with my work. I never got ready like this, so I was really excited.

My phone buzzed. It was a text from Ryder "I'm here :)" I read.
I grabbed my bag and phone. Then I headed to the door. I walked to his car. Before I could open the door he quickly went around the car to open the door for me. "Thank you" I said giving him a smile. "Anything for you" he said.

"You look perfect" Ryder said. As he entered the car. "Thank you again"

"Everyone is waiting for us in the VIP room" he said concentrating on the road. "There's actually a VIP room for us?" I asked. "Yeah it's to separate us from the other people, everyone wishes to go in there" he said.

We soon made it to his house. It was a huge home. It was the same size of Jax's house or should I say mansion. He opened the door for me. "Is this where most of the parties are thrown?" I asked. "Yeah, I throw the best parties" he said. "There's so many people"

"Here hold my hand, so we can make it through the crowd" Ryder said. I took his hand and we walked inside the home. I automatically smelled the alcohol and I could feel the heat from all the people inside. We kept walking, we went up the stairs. We passed about 10 rooms and then Ryder opened the door.
I saw everyone there. "Welcome to the VIP room, miss" Ryder said in a fancy tone. When I walked in, Paris yelped "OMG, you look amazing Layla" she said as she hugged me. "You look incredible as well, trying to impress someone." I said. Paris said nothing and then the emotion of sadness filled her face, it was probably a sensitive topic. She might've experienced a heart break. "Are you okay?" I said to Paris, but then I was interrupted with Maddie, Gemma, and Kate screaming "OMG Layla you look so fucking hot." I could tell they were drunk and high.

********************

I wandered around the room trying to find Emily. I then spotted her with Maddie in the restroom. "Hey what are you, oohhh" I stopped. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Emily was sniffing white powder up her nose, while Maddie was holding up her hair.

"Emily stop" She got up and mascara was all over her face. She had been crying. "Emily what happened?" I asked. "Jax just left me, he's somewhere in the house. We got in an argument." She said trying not to cry. "Lay want to try some" Maddie told me. "No thank you".

"If you ever feel like giving it a try, go up to VIP room, Kate order so many good stuff" Maddie said. "Okay Maddie. Emily I'm going to find Jax and bring him over to you" She looked sad and hurt. "Thank you Lay you're the best." Emily said as she hugged me.
*********************
I was walking around the house for about 20 minutes now. Ryder left to go fix some problems that occurred in the bar, so he wasn't looking for me.

And then suddenly, I was pulled into a dark room by somebody. I was yelling but nobody could hear me because they had their hand over my mouth. Then they turned on the lights and I couldn't believe that it was Jax, he took his hand off my mouth. "Layla, I have been looking for you" he said. "I've been looking for you!" I said but he cut me off. "Some guys have been out to get me don't ask why. But if your here to tell Emily where I am, please don't. I need a friend to count on." he said. "Jax you always get into trouble don't you" What is going on with him.

"I wouldn't be me if I wasn't" he smirked at me. "Whatever" I was about to leave but he grabbed my hand. "Can I count on you?" If it was that serious he could count on me. "Yeah." I exited the closet.

I started walking back to where Emily was.

Once I opened the closet she looked beyond high. Why the hell was she doing this. Once she comes back to her senses I have to stop her. I can't just watch her doing this.

"Layla did you find Jax?!"

"No I couldn't find him."

Authors Note:  Thank you again for 80 reads I'll be back with tomorrow's update

Authors Note: Thank you again for 80 reads I'll be back with tomorrow's update. Hope you all enjoyed this chapter. Make sure to vote and comment. Much love.