Chapter 33

Today is the dinner, and to say I'm nervous would be an understatement

Today is the dinner, and to say I'm nervous would be an understatement. I don't know how my parents would react. I don't think they would freak out everyone thinks Jax is an angle he is perfect in everyone's eyes. So... maybe it wouldn't be as bad as I think it would.

"Layla, get ready. You have 10 minutes. Your mother and I will be taking you to school today." My dad knocked on my door and screamed .

Wait a minute!!

They're taking me to school today. "Wh-" I was going to interrogate them but  I decided against it considering I only had 10 minutes to get ready. I lazily got out of my bed and proceeded to get ready for the day. I grabbed my phone and put 10 minutes on the clock.

I can do this.

I ran to the restroom. Washed my face, brushed my teeth, and finally put my hair up in a messy ponytail. How much more time. I grabbed my phone and saw 5 minutes left. I'm doing good, I hope I can beat my record.

I went over to my closet and decided on a denim skirt with a black t-shirt and my Dr.Martins.

Once I was changed I grabbed my book bag and my phone not forgetting my headphones. I jumped down the stairs skipping every step, I almost fell on my face but I managed to get a grip and stand. I looked at the phone; 2 minutes.

"Just in time honey." My mom was holding what I think is my breakfast. "I actually have 2 minutes left or maybe 1 now but we should get going." I grabbed my breakfast from my mom's hand and made my way to the car. I could hear my mom mutter something as she always did. Probably about how much my dad and I were alike. I saw my dad bobbing his head inside the car, him and his old jazz music.

"Hey, dad." I heard his timer go off. "Just in time honey. I'm impressed." when I was younger my dad always timed me when he would take me to school. I should have learned from past experiences to wake up early but I never learned so I had to learn how to get ready under a time limit because I would do anything for extra sleep. When I didn't make it in time my dad would make me chase the car as he drove around the streets, he made sure to take the long way as my brother always recorded my struggle in the back seat. They were an amazing duo. My dad still isn't over my brothers' death and it's pretty evident as he has become more distant toward my mom and me. "Well, dad. I've learned from the best." My dad laughed, mom then came into the passenger seat. As soon as she sat down he started the car and left. "Layla listen to me when I tell you this. Once you get out of school I'll be waiting for you and that boy. I want you both to get in the car and from there I'll take you guys to lunch with your mother." He's overacting again.

"Dad... Jax brought his own car." I knew he wouldn't care. "I don't give a damn. I'll drop him off to his car after lunch. I just need to meet this Jax of yours." I blushed at his choice of words. "Get that red off  your cheeks." He looked very serious like he was constipated. I laughed so hard.