Chapter 6

Another boring day of school out of the way

Another boring day of school out of the way. WOOHOO! Just 2 more days until the weekend. It was Wednesday, the night Ryder and I decided to go on the date. He'll be at my house by 8 so I had plenty of time to get ready. I've had a pretty rough time ignoring Jax. Especially since I have to see him at lunch everyday.

I went in my car and left in a rush.

I then arrived home. I had to get ready soon. Ryder plans on taking me to this fancy restaurant, I think it's called Delicieux it means delicious in France. I've never been there. I just told him that we could go get pizza or something but he insisted on making it spectacular.

Mom was locked in her room as usual. Dad was at work, it was like his new home. He wasn't strong enough to come home, it reminded him of my brother and that made him feel worse so he tried to stay away as much as he could.

I searched in my closet for anything I could wear. I seriously needed to go clothes shopping. I only had about 3 decent outfits. I picked out a jean skirt with a cropped sweater. I then fixed my hair and makeup. I had so much time to spare.

About 3 hours had passed. I spent that time watching one of my favorite movies "IT". Then my phone buzzed. I already knew who it was. "I'm here ~ Ryder" I read. I grabbed my phone and bag and honestly checked all rooms before I left making sure that clown wasn't in any of them.

I locked the door and walked to his car. As always he got out of his car  and opened my door. I took a seat. "Hey, you look beautiful" Ryder said with a smile. "So do you. Well not beautiful but handsome" I said laughing. He also chuckled.

"You know it's not every time when Paris invites friends to her house privately" he said. "Who, told you?" I asked. "Word spreads quickly . You have to be careful with what you say to others cause they can't be trusted." Ryder advised me. "Thanks for the pointers" I said smiling.

We pulled up to the restaurant minutes after. It was very packed.

"Did you make reservations?" I asked. "Of course" said Ryder.

We just walked past the line into the restaurant.

We took a seat and before I knew it a waitress came rushing in. She handed us a menu and said "welcome, my name is Sue may I ask what would you like to drink?" She said. "Ummm, iced tea" I said. She nodded. "I'll have a martini" Ryder said. "Okay, I'll be back with your drinks" said the waitress.

"Already starting off with alcohol?" I asked Ryder. "It's my favorite, I cannot say no" but he was interrupted when we heard the voice of a cheering girl say "OMG, Layla can we join you guys if y'all don't mind" Emily screamed across the restaurant. I turned around and saw her make her way over to us. "Yeah, Of course" Ryder replied back. Jax made a giant smirk when he heard Ryder say yes. I just knew that something would be wrong.

"Hey, what are you guys up to" said Emily. "Nothing we just decided to hang out" I said sounding unsure. I couldn't concentrate with Jax looking at me with hunger. Dude, chill. "Oh new guest, what would you two like to drink" the waitress said eyeing Jax way too much. But I didn't care.

She settled down our drinks and then took her notepad out. "I'll have a margarita" said Emily. "I just take a beer" said Jax. "Okay I'll be right back at any moment with your drinks" she told Jax and Emily. Then she left. "I'm going to head to the ladies room before I eat" I said trying to avoid any opportunity for conversations. Shortly after I heard Jax say "I actually really need to pee, I'll be back" he said a bit to excited. I walked as fast as I could made a couple of turns to the restroom. I heard Jax's footsteps coming in almost like a sprint. Then I felt him touch my shoulder. What did he want. "Thought you could run that quickly" he said smirking. "Jax we talked about this, you have to tell Emily what you're hiding being in a relationship is about telling the truth and trusting each other." I said. "Well I can't tell a single soul about it not even you. Leave it alone and just drop it." Jax said. "Okay I don't know anything" I said. "Good." he said. I slipped out of him. I could feel him stare at me. As I made my way back to the table.

"That was quick" Emily said looking at me. "Yeah the line was pretty long so I decided to ditch it" I said trying to act innocent. "Really, our line was short" Jax said smirking. Could he actually be even more stupid. I hoped his actions would make me hate him.

We soon ordered food, and began eating.

"So, while you and Jax were gone. Ryder and I decided that it would be great if we went on a double date to a club" she said eagerly. "Yay, Why a club?" I asked secretly screaming inside . "Layla I just know you secretly love them, and plus your hips don't lie when you get on that dance floor" she said. "I would really like to witness that" said Ryder. "Oh STOP IT" I said to Ryder.

"So are y'all okay with Friday night" she said. "Sure?" Jax and I responded at the same time. "Great" Emily yelped.

Dinner was soon over. I hugged Emily goodbye. And I slammed my hand behind Jax's back as I said goodbye to him as well. I hit him again when no one was paying attention. I happily got a groan out of him because of the hit.

*******************
Ryder then dropped me off home. As I passed by the hallway I went in my brothers room. Everything was the same no one got in and if we did get in we wouldn't have touched anything. I sat on his bed admiring the pictures on his night stand. I noticed a corner of a picture sticking out of the drawers of his night stand. I opened the drawer and took the picture out. I couldn't believe what was in the picture. It was a picture of Dean a couple of weeks before the death, kissing a girl. I couldn't see her face or hair because the part of the picture was cut off. I asked myself many questions. Why didn't Dean tell anyone about this mysterious girl? Did she know or see how Dean died? I took the picture with me. And left to my room hoping the "IT" clown wouldn't come after me.

 And left to my room hoping the "IT" clown wouldn't come after me

Authors Note: hope you guys like this chapter. Thanks again for over 100 reads. Make sure to vote and comment. Love you guys so much!!!!!❤️