Chapter 5

6 o'clock, Monday morning

6 o'clock, Monday morning. It was time for school. The weekend passed by in a blink of an eye. All I did was watch Netflix, basically every girls dream. I didn't want to face school and most importantly see Jax. What was he hiding from everyone.

I talked to Jax and told him to stop whatever he was doing that put him in danger but I made sure to tell to do it for Emily she was totally in love with him.

I got out of bed 20 minutes later as usual. I threw on anything that was comfortable and matched it with converse. Then I left.
******************
I walked into the hallway, heading to my locker. As I made my way there I saw Paris waiting for me, once she saw me she waited eagerly. "Hey, what's up?" I asked to Paris. "Hi, Layla I wanted to come by and say hi." She said with a big smile on her face. "May I ask why such a big smile" I said. "Well, I wanted to know........ If you could come over to my house on Saturday, I would really like to get to know you. I like you so much!" She said happily. "Of course, I'll be there just make sure to give me your address." I said as I grabbed my books. "Can't wait, see you at lunch?" She asked. "You bet" I said trying to sound casual and not awkward. Then she left.

*****************
Great! Sloppy joes for lunch. I absolutely hated it. I grabbed my tray and headed to the table. I kept my head held high trying not to look into Jax's eyes. "Layla, come sit near me" said Emily as she pointed to a seat near her. Perfect! What an amazing seat because I would totally love to sit near Jax, yay! (Sarcasm) "Okay" I mumbled. I could feel Jax's eyes on me, all I could do was avoid his stare. I laid my tray on the table and took a seat.

As I picked my food around, I saw Ryder heading into my direction, a couple of seconds later he took a seat by me. "Hey Layla" he said. "Hey, Ryder" I then responded. "Well, I had a blast at the party with you." He said nervously. "Great" I replied. "I was wondering if maybe you would like, i don't know want to hang out some day." He said as he scratched the back of his neck. I really didn't feel any sparks for him but I should give him a chance. This could maybe help me? "Yeah, why not" I said trying to sound genuine.

"Awweee looks like we have a new couple in town" said Maddie. "Jax and Emily have a bit of competition" then said Gemma. "Oh guys, just shut up. Layla and Ryder aren't even dating yet. Jax and Emily make an amazing couple so just let them be" Paris said. I turned over to see Jax and I saw him full of anger. Maybe he heard something and got mad. Right?

"Have any of y'all heard from Harvey" said Kate. Harvey was Deans best friend after Deans death, Harvey just disappeared, they were seniors while we were juniors. "Nope, he hasn't contacted any of us" said Adam. Adam was a football player. He was a friend of Ryder's and Jax. "I wonder what went wrong, it's already been a year" said Gemma. "I'm sure he's fine, it's alright. We would've been told something if he was dead." Said Emily. "We should try to get in contact with him, so he'll know that we still care about him." Said Jax. "No, baby. I'm sure he's okay. If he hasn't contacted us it means that he doesn't want to be found" said Emily to Jax. "I just hope he comes back" said Maddie. Maddie had a huge crush on Harvey but he was in love with some other mysterious girl. Wonder who it could be, because Maddie was absolutely beautiful if you ask me. "I'm sure we all hope that" I said to Maddie. "Well it's almost about time to head back to class" said Adam. "We should get going" said Kate. We all got up and walked in separate ways.

********************
"Omg, you bought the new Halsey CD, I just can't believe you" I said to Emily. "What it was on sale"she said as she closed the door to her room. "Don't you feel bad for Maddie, she still has a crush on boy who never deserved her and he's gone. So now there's not point in wanting him but she still does" I told Emily changing the subject. "Yeah, that was very mean of him" she said. "Anyways I wanted some advice, Lay" Emily said. I nodded. "Well Jax has been really strange, i really want to hit it off with him but how? He hasn't even given me kiss at all these past 3 days." She complained "I don't know" I said trying to act clueless. Did Jax really get mad at me for what I told him. "I'm going to figure out what or who has gotten into him" she said with determination. I just hoped Jax would tell her what he was hiding. She deserve to know. She hasn't and wouldn't do anything to hurt me.

 She hasn't and wouldn't do anything to hurt me

Authors Note: guys we passed 100 reads. I'm freaking out! I know this was a pretty short chapter, but I've had a pretty hectic day. Sorry for the boring chapter as well, I'll try to make tomorrow's way better. Remember to vote and comment. Love y'all ❤️