Chapter 36

"Mom, don't worry I'm almost home

"Mom, don't worry I'm almost home. I'm 1 hour away." Jax was currently sleeping on my lap." Okay honey. We missed you and Maddie all this weekend." I'll make sure to let her know. Her head was on my shoulder as she slept. "I'll see you soon." I hung up the phone.

"Was that your mom again?" Mason asked from the driver's seat. "Yeah, she just wants Maddie and I to get home now."

"I wish we could've stayed there the whole week. I wanted to go skiing." Paris wined. Sunday was the only day I saw Paris and Mason, they went snowboarding with us. It was amazing. "Well, you would have been able to go skiing if you weren't busy with Mason here." I grinned stupidly. "Shut up, Layla." She tried to hold back her laughter but hell I did not. I barked out my laughter along the whole way there as Mason and Paris just tried to ignore me awkwardly. Which just made me laugh even harder.

"Okay, stop laughing we're already here." Mason rolled his eyes. "Yeah. You have to stop, it's probably unhealthy you've literally been laughing for a whole hour."

"Hey, Leave my girl alone. I love to hear her giggles." Jax got up from my lap and gave me a huge lazy grin. His hair was messy which made me even madder. "Maddie wake up. We're home." I lightly nudged her. She wiped her eyes. "Where are we?" I let go of Jax and took her in my arms. "We're home." Jax, Mason, and Paris got out of the van. "Come on let's go." I moved over and opened the door. I led her out. "My girls are home. Romney get over here, Layla and Maddie are home." She ran towards us and gave us a huge hug. "Layla! Maddie! We missed both of you so much." My dad then joined in on the hug.

"Mom and Dad we were just gone for the weekend. I think that's enough hugging. We have to go get our bags." My parents didn't let go just yet.

"No honey. Jax is already taking care of that. Let's go inside." I nodded.

"Mrs.Levon did you make this lemonade it's delicious!" Paris giggled as she took a seat in the dining table. Mason stole her lemonade without her noticing. I looked at Paris and pointed toward Mason. She looked over to him and smacked his hand. "Mason go get your own."

"Really, Layla?" I looked at him very apologetically

"Sorry Mason. Paris is my best friend after all."

"Here you go, kids. I made some lunch, you all must be so hungry." Everyone grabbed the burger from the tray my mom was holding.

"Mom, I'm going to the bathroom to wash up. I'll be back." I made my way to the restroom. As I passed by my room I felt a pair of hands grab my waist.

"Jax I know it's you." He now has become all too familiar. "You ruined the surprise." His hand then snaked down to my thigh. "mhm." was all I could manage to say. I moved my hand around his neck and twisted my head to capture his lips in mine. "I want you so much, you have no idea." He moved his lips to my neck. "Then show me." I wanted him so much. His smell, his taste, basically everything about him gave me more reasons to love him. We kept kissing, I thought his actions were a yes. "I'm tempted to but this is not the right time." He departed from me and leaned his forehead against mine. Our breathing was heavy. "I need you to feel like a queen on cloud nine when we do it. It'll be perfect for you, no. For us." I wanted to tell him that anytime with him would be perfect, no matter where or when but as long as it was with him. Instead, I nodded.