Chapter 67: The Start of the Ending.

(DETECTIVE PEREZ)

The case of the Santiago was already closed because Alex Sawyer was caught but still, there are some questions in my head. Who sent me the bruised Alex Sawyer? Why did they hurt him? How does he know me? How are they related to the Santiago's? Even if it was already case closed, I still want to know the answers of my questions.

"Detective Perez," Hughes called as he arrived at the headquarters he walked towards my desk and handed me a black flash drive. "As you requested, I went to the Paradise Hotel where Sawyer told us he was staying and where he was abused. Here's the CCTV footage of that day."

"Thank you," I said as I connected it to my computer and opened the file. Hughes stayed at my back, also watching the video.

"Hey! What are you watching?" Marion came together with Hartmann, who was carrying a bunch of folders, and peered at my computer.

I ignored him and focus on the video that was playing in front of me. The footage was located at the lobby of the hotel focusing the front desk. It was a normal day for a five star hotel when suddenly a group of men entered the place. You can say that they were not suspicious but rather they were intimidating. They stopped in front of the front desk and started to talk with a receptionist, too bad we can't hear what they were saying but you can tell from the reaction of the lady how serious and scary it was. When they got what they need they immediately walked towards the elevator. I clicked the next video footage which was the hallway where Alex Sawyer's room was located. They took out their guns and knocked at the door when the door finally opened they pushed him inside forcefully and we can't see what happened next, there is no CCTV inside the private rooms. After like an hour, they finally stepped out of the room with the badly beaten Alex Sawyer.

"Do they have any CCTV inside the elevator?" I asked.

"Yes, they do," Hughes said as he moved closer to navigate at the computer.

The men entered the elevator, luckily they all fitted inside the huge elevator. I paused when they were all inside and their faces were all caught in the camera. I zoomed in to see their faces and one man caught my attention.

"That is Sean Alfaro," Hughes pointed out with full of surprised on his voice. "That's definitely Sean Alfaro!"

What is he doing there?

"Wait!" Hartmann suddenly interrupted us, "Move to the next person standing next to him on his right," she instructed.

I complied.

"I know him," she said, "He's part of the illegal smuggling syndicate that our team watching right now," she informed.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"I'm hundred percent sure," she clarified, "I had one on one fight with him and I can't forget that face, he knocked me out," she gritted in displeased.

"He's the one who did that to you?" Marion gasped, "No wonder you got a bump for weeks."

"Why is he with Mr. Alfaro?" I asked curiously, "Is it possible that he's also part of that syndicate?"

"It's still early to give some conclusion and we don't have enough evidence that he's really part of them," Marion commented.

"What did you found out about these illegal smugglers?" Hughes inquired.

Hartmann took a thick folder on her desk and handed it at me, I opened it and there were some papers about the transactions of the syndicate and other related to them, there were also bunch of pictures.