Chapter 37: Confrontations.

"I believe you," I assured him.

There's a silence again. I didn't say anything since I don't have something to say.

"There's still something that is bothering you," he stated.

"Hmm," I shrugged. I pressed a note at the piano which the sound echoes around the room that calms me down. He didn't say anything and I took that as a sign to continue what I was doing.

Playing a tune that I knew since I was a child, I expertly pressed the key correctly, not a single mistake. The beautiful sound coming from the grand piano echoes in the room, it feels like it was taking me to another world where I can only imagine. Closing my eyes because that's the only thing that I can do.

"I love you," I heard the man said and I stopped playing.

"I can't love you," I replied not facing his direction.

"I love you," his husky voice that I love, repeated. He was waiting for an answer but I don't have the intention. "I think it was love at first sight," he said.

"That's funny," I said still not facing him, "Considering that I'm blind."

"Tell me," I heard his footsteps coming near, "Why can't you love me back?" he asked.

"Because it is not right," I exasperated as I stood up, not wanting him to be near me.

"Tell me why it is not right. Tell me the reasons, I want to know the reasons," I can still hear his footsteps which makes me walked back, "Stop running away," he suddenly growled. I flinched and stopped immediately. This is the first time I encountered him being angry and I made him that. I felt his hands on my shoulders, trapping me so that I couldn't step back any longer.

I blinked several times for I can feel the hotness in my eyes. "Everything," I whispered like I was out of breath, "I feel happy and relax when I'm with you. I feel safe and I love when you talk to me even though you barely say anything. However it is not right. You are you and I am I. You are everything, you have everything and I am nothing. I am wondering why you are bothering to be with me, to a no one like me especially to a blind person like me. Even though I couldn't see, I could feel that everything is just against to us," I explained, my voice was cracking, "We both live in two different worlds and we better stay like that."

"You say you can't," he whispered, his breath was tickling my ear, he's too close that I couldn't breathe anymore, "But what do you want?"

I shook my head as I grimaced, "Please," I pleaded.

"Why are you always thinking that everything you want to do is not possible because you're fucking blind?" he snapped, him being angry is starting to scare me. It is very unusual for him not to be polite.

"Because being blind have a lot of limitations."

His left hand moved and touched my right cheek, his thumb was rubbing my skin slowly and affectionately, "Loving has no limitations. I love you."

My lips quivered, "Is that a new word for I pity you?"

Both of his hands dropped, the places where he touched me was still warm which beginning to get cold, "I'm so disappointed that you, the woman I like and I adore thinks so low of herself. My feelings are true and I don't care what others say, I don't care if the world opposes us but it breaks my heart that you are the first one to be against to the things you want, to the things you love. You're pushing away everything. I always hate when you discriminate yourself but I can't help you because it's got to be you who should accept and be positive. I know that you love me but you just don't want to do it," he said too softly that it really breaks my heart, "You broke my heart. It hurts but if that makes you happy, I'll let you do it all over again."