Chapter 47: Interrogation.

(SEAN)

I'll be honest that I'm glad right now, the reason is that Tanya is awake but I couldn't say that I'm fully happy because I know she's in pain. Seeing her crying really pains me. The Tanya I know is brave and happy but right now, she's a mess.

She stayed at the room of her father for a long time and no one even Dr. Stavros have the heart to separate them. I feel a lot of sympathy looking at them. Tanya was only returned to her room when Dr. Rowley came to the ICU and was furious that her patient was nowhere to be found. Even though she's somewhat mad she took Tanya out of the room calmly and softly. The way back to her room was quiet and you could clearly see tear stains on her face and her eyes puffy and red.

When we arrived at her room we were surprised to see two men wearing some police uniforms were standing by the door.

"Yes, Officers? May we help you?" Nurse Sharon asked them.

"Good morning, I am Police Officer Carlos Hughes," the tall man with dirty blonde hair introduced as he shook hands to all of us.

"And I'm Detective Gilbert Perez," the other tall man with black hair also introduced, "We are the one that handles the case of the Santiago's incident."

"We are here to ask a few questions to Ms. Tanya Rose Santiago regarding the incident," Police Officer Hughes informed.

"Seriously?!" I glared at them incredulously, "She has just woken up."

"I don't really think it's the right moment for those questions. She needs to cope up with everything," Dr. Rowley added.

Tanya was just sitting on the wheelchair and staring blankly.

"We know that you have just woken up and you need some time to sink in the things happened but we are here to solve the case. We need the true happenings so that we can catch the people behind all of this," Detective Perez said to Tanya, he ignored what we said and looked at her.   

"Alright," she faintly agreed, so faint that we could barely hear.

Dr. Rowley sighed, "Then we can go inside to be more comfortable?" They all nodded.

***

Tomas and I stayed inside because I wanted to hear the story too. Dr. Rowley and Nurse Sharon were also inside to assist Tanya, who is already on her hospital bed, sitting comfortably. Everyone was looking at her intently and waiting for her to speak.

"I hope you don't mind that we will record our conversation," Detective Perez informed.

"No, I don't" Tanya replied.

He took a small voice recorder from his pocket and turned it on. "Let's begin,"

Police Officer Hughes started to ask, "Could you state your name?"

"I'm Tanya Rose Santiago," she answered.

"Age?"

"Twenty-two years old,"

"Work?"

"I don't really have a work. We have a shop that sells and repairs musical instruments."

"Do you live alone?"

"No, I live with my Dad."

"What is the name of your Dad?"

"David Santiago,"

"What about your Mom?"

"I –my mom's dead,"

"When did she die?"