Chapter 22: Catherine Rose de Beauvoir.

(SEAN)
Mama always leaves halfway of the conversation, that's what she always do when she sets me up with some girls that I never knew. Some of them were daughters of politicians, owners of a big company, models, actresses, girls that have names in the society and women with high status.

That's why it's no surprise that she left us.

"I heard a lot about you from your mother," Catherine said while eating a cupcake.

"I hope they were good things," I sighed. Mama can be talkative sometimes.

"They were interesting," she beamed.

"How long are you staying here at America?" I asked ignoring what she said.

"Three months but it depends on what will happen when I'm here."

I nodded and continued to eat the strawberry cupcake that Mama ordered, since she knew what I like.

"You don't really talk too much," she commented.

"True," I shrugged, "You can just talk about anything. I'll just listen," trying not to be rude.

"O-okay," she nodded, "I'm half French, my father is the French and my mother is the American one that's why I can speak English fluently. Aunt Helen is the sister of my mother. Um, like I told you earlier I am modelling the clothes of my company. I have a big brother and he is working to be the heir of the business. I am now 24 years old and I studied business management at École Normale Superieure, Paris or ENS Paris, have you heard of that school?"

"I do, that's the highest-ranked University at Paris, prestigious too, excellent school," I replied.

"It really is, how about you, where did you studied?" she asked.

"Princeton University at New Jersey," I answered.

"Wow, that's also prestigious and popular, why didn't go to Harvard, Yale or Williams?"

I shrugged, "Just like Princeton more."

"If you say so," she chuckled, "I heard that your younger sister, Margaux, is currently studying fashion designing right? I can't wait to meet her."

"Both of you surely will get along."

"You know I'm thinking that if you would like to invest to our company we're actually practically large and popular at England especially at Paris," she offered.

"That is a great idea I'll talk to my secretary about it,"

She beamed, "I can't wait for us to be business partners. You're purely Italian right? Your accent's speaks to it."

"Yes I am. You have French accent too," I took a sip of my coffee again.

"Good afternoon Tanya, it's good that you decided to pay us a visit!" I heard a cheery and energetic feminine voice greeted. As soon as I heard the named I turned my head to the loud commotion and saw Tanya standing by the counter talking happily to a red haired girl that was wearing an apron which I knew was working here and a man with thin beard that was a barista.

"Good afternoon too, how's your day?" she beamed.

"So far so good," the man with beard said, "Your usual or you want to try something new?" he asked.

"My usual drink please," she answered still the smile was pasted on her face.

"You may want to try our pancakes, it is freshly baked," he offered.