Chapter 30: The Imperfect.

(TANYA)

We've just finished our practise for it's already past five o'clock. Alisha said her goodbyes before she went home. Darren and Gael decided to stay for a while for they were still waiting for their friend to get them at my house because they will go to a party because it's Friday night.

Darren helped Dad to close the shop while Gael helped me to cook for Dad's and I dinner. I was placing the meat at the pan when suddenly I heard my phone ring that I placed at the counter.

"Someone's calling you," Gael informed as he was near the counter for he was mixing some salad there, "It's Sean," he announced.

I abruptly turned my direction to him and hastily said, "No, don't answer it. Just leave it like that."

"A-alright," he said confusingly.

I turned back to what I'm doing. I can still hear the ringing of my phone until it stopped. I sighed in relief.

"So, who's that?" Gael asked curiously.

"A friend of mine," I replied as I was stirring.

"A friend of yours that you seem to be avoiding,"

I faced his direction and leaned back at the counter, "I just feel so awkward with him," I answered truthfully.

"And why is that? What happened between the two of you?"

"We just," I blushed, "Had a date last Saturday night."

"I thought you said you were friends," he puzzled.

"We are friends," I stated firmly.

"You don't take your friend to a date unless it was a friendly date and not a romantic one," he said, "And your heart must not beat fast if you are not in a romantic date."

Reality sucks, "I don't know what we are but we are friends," I groaned.

"You like him?" he asked.

Do I like him? "He's funny, even though he doesn't talk too much he can carry a conversation, he's gentleman, he's cool, he's good, he---,"

"I didn't ask you what you like about him. I will ask you again," he interrupted me, "Do you like him?" he asked again.

I grimaced, "I don't kn--,"

He interrupted me again, "It's a yes or a no only."

"Yes, I do," I blurted abruptly.

There's a pause and I was shaking my head. "Then what was the problem?" he questioned.

"Because I'm not good for him, because I don't know if he really does like me, because I will just bring him down, because he's wealthy and I'm not, because he's popular and I'm a no one, because I'm blind! Everything is a problem," I exasperated.

"That's the reason why you are avoiding him?" he calmly asked. I wonder how he still can be so calm when I was already burst out.

I closed my eyes and deeply sighed, "Yes."

I felt him walked towards me and he seems like he was doing something on my side, where the stove was located. "Tanya, I'm a man also and somehow I can relate to him. If I'm him, I will wonder and be confuse on why the girl I like, if he really did like you, and I just dated was avoiding me. My mind will be full of questions. Maybe that's why he's calling you because he wants answers."

I feel so ashamed of myself. Then he continued, "You like him, that's why you're in pain, that's why you are in doubt. Why don't you confront him, it may ease the pain in here," I felt he pointed my chest where my heart is located, "Doubting is always a form of self-pity," he finished. "I'll just place this on the table," I knew he was indicating at the one I cooked.