Chapter 6. "Dancing With The Devil." (PT1)

Dallas, TX
Monday, May 6, 2018
3:42 pm

LYRIC.

"Your daddy is gonna have a fit when he finds out that you're throwing pickles at me" I giggled as I threw one back at Omari.

"He ain't gon get mad at me. He gon get mad at you cause ima tell him you were throwing them" Omari accidentally slipped and fell. My eyes bugged out of the sockets as I covered my mouth to keep from laughing. "That shit ain't funny Lyric," he tried to hide his reaction but failed miserably. I was right behind him, howling up a storm so hard that I had fallen next to him and cried out of laughter. We were so wrapped up in what we were doing, we didn't even notice the bell to the door had rung while we attempted to adjust ourselves.

"You better pick that shit up before your dad comes back," I helped Omari up as we heard someone clear their throat. Mari and I both looked up to see Bino standing there.

"Wassup, Bino?" Omari asked.

Bino gave Mari a head nod before he looked at me and my glance turned to Omari. "Um...I'll start getting paper towels to clean this up" I began walking away but Bino stopped me.

"Lyric, can I holla at you? Only fa' a second. You don't even have to get pulled to the side, I can say it in front of Mari"

"...Yeah?"

"I'm sorry about that shit that happened the other day, ya know? If I came off wrong or something, my apologies ma. It ain't even in my blood to be like that"

"Mhm," I simply mumbled.

It was a long pause before he spoke again. "Well, I just wanted to come and say that, that's all. Clear the space between us. Just in case we ever crossed paths again, I didn't want it to be weird"

"I appreciate your energy and you coming up to tell me like a real man" I looked him in his eyes.

"No problem, really...y'all have a good day na''"

"Yeah, you too," I said as Bino walked out.

-

Dallas, TX
Monday, May 6, 2018
9:22 pm

"Alright, I'm going to bed Kaire. No more stories" I tucked my baby cousin into bed.

"Just one more Lyric? Pleaseee"

"I read you four already. You have camp in the morning. We're an hour past your bedtime. What's your mom gonna say when she wakes up and finds out you're up?"

"Fine" She huffed before she turned the other way.

"Goodnight sweet pea" I kissed her cheek before rubbing her head a little. I cut on her nightlight and started walking out of the door, closing it behind me.

I walked down to my room when I heard a small thump. Once I entered, I saw that my phone had fallen off of the dresser, due to it vibrating so much. I didn't even have to look, I knew who it was and I was getting so tired of him blowing up my phone. It seemed like every time I blocked his number, he would just get a different one each time. I was over him calling me, I finally just answered his call with an attitude.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT!"

"I miss you baby. Please, just please give a nigga a chance to explain"