Exception

Strength relies on no one. Victory is absolute when the leader is self-assured.

Confidence in one's power is a formidable trait in itself; one does not need anyone else to win his battles.

Walk your own path. Rule over your emotions. Do not let anything be your downfall.

These principles were indisputable. By following these, Sesshomaru had built an unparalleled reputation over the centuries.

He also knew he could easily defeat that lowlife snake demon with a single strike of his tokijin without having to utilize the abilities of the miko.

So why did he waste his energy on displaying his strength to that woman?

More importantly, why would he think of her at this very moment?

Frustration mounting, Sesshomaru glared at his hand and breathed deeply. The scent of the miko still lingered on his arm even after two days' travel. It smelled faintly of rain, garden herbs, and cherry blossoms.

Admittingly, the woman was not like any human he had encountered. Rin's loyalty to him was partial to her innocence. But the woman... the woman's brazenness was either bravery or foolishness.

Anyone with such shameless impudence would have been killed in an instant, but not her. Perhaps... perhaps she was an exception. His exception.