34: New Additions

Ages:

- Talisa, Willas, Ygritte – 36-37; Robb, Jon, Gendry, Meera – 34-35; Sansa, Joffrey – 33-34; Arya, Alys, Trystane – 31-32; Bran, Jojen, Myrcella – 30-31; Rickon, Shireen, Tommen, Robin – 27-28

BRAN

When Arya said she was throwing him a Welcome Back party at Starkitects Tower when he returns for work, Bran thought his sister was kidding.

After Bran met an accident, which resulted in his left arm being casted, Talisa had advised him to stay home to rest for three days. And he did, only he did not stay in Winterfell. By Monday, he went back to his penthouse in King's Landing. Meera drove them there, of course, and they ate lunches and dinners with their son.

In his three-day rest, Bran made himself busy. He slowly cleaned one of the three vacant rooms in the penthouse as it's going to be Mykel's room. There wasn't much cleaning to do since it was empty.

Arya had volunteered to design its interiors with the furniture, lights and all, so Bran was leaving it all to her on what things will be necessary in his son's room. The catch: she has to take Mykel out for a meal. Bran didn't know how his sister does it, but Arya always comes up with design solutions just over one meal. She'd know what color the walls will be painted, whether they wanted to floor to be wood, tiled or carpeted, and whether the furniture will be either fancy or practical. Stuff like that.

You decide. You take care of it. Take charge. According to Arya, those phrases are dangerous to hear from a client. So one day you'll be like, hey, what color would you like your wall to be painted? And they'll answer with, Nah, you take care of it. I trust you. Dangerous, because there's a 50% chance they might love it and a 50% chance they might hate it. So what Arya does is befriend the client and analyze which design solution will be best suited with their personalities.

And it's exactly what she did with Mykel. So on Monday, she pulled him out of school and took him out to lunch and boom! The next day she showed up at his penthouse with a final sketch plan. Meera was there when his sister visited so it was approved and Arya promised to have men over for a paint job by Wednesday.

By Thursday, Bran had to return to work as his three-day rest was over. Before going to work, he had himself and Meera drove their son to school.

"Bye, Mommy," Mykel said. "Bye, Daddy." He kissed them both on their cheeks before going over to his friends.

"Okay, next stop, Starkitects Tower." Meera said.

Bran was surprised why Meera never went through the car port drop-off and parked the car on one of the slots in the parking lot.

"Uh, Meera, why did you park the car?" He asked. "You could've just dropped me off and then you'll be on your way."

"I know," She said. "But I want to walk you to work. And besides, I've never been in Starkitects."

Stubborn as it may seem, but he never turned her down. He loved spending time with her. "Fine," He said, as he opened the car door and stepped out of the car.

On the way to the main entrance, Meera took his good hand and held it.

"We should do this more often." She said suddenly.

"What?" He asked. "Walking me to work?"

"Hold hands." Meera corrected. "But I can also agree to that. Except, we have to be earlier so that none of us will be late for work."