29: Uncle Duties (Part 2)

Ages:

- Talisa, Willas, Ygritte – 36; Robb, Jon, Gendry, Meera – 34; Sansa – 33; Arya, Alys, Trystane – 31; Bran, Jojen, Myrcella – 30; Rickon, Shireen, Tommen – 26

BRAN

Tuesday night, Bran decided to tutor little Ned on his math homework, (as it was then Bran's favorite subject in school) after eating dinner with his parents and nephew.

Afterwards, his Mom, Catelyn allowed little Ned to play with his new puppy and Grey Wind and also with Bran's own huskies, Summer and Winter, although the two puppies kept clawing and biting the cone around Summer's neck.

Ned's puppy, he decided to call Marble. Due to it having a splash coat of dark and light grey, meaning its fur has irregular patterns, spots, markings; and bi-eyed, meaning each of its eyes had different colors, one is blue and the other one is green. And as Ned had pointed out, Marble's eyes are well, like marbles.

By 9pm and after putting little Ned to bed, Jojen called. And when he answered only then did he found out that Jojen had set up a three-way video call with him and Myrcella.

It was kind of funny, because Myrcella was all smiles and Welcome back, Jojen! at first, then kept ranting on how his three-year contract turned to six years and how he never called them when he got out of Oldtown and that they saw Meera first. And Bran was laughing most of the time that he almost hyperventilated.

"That's why I'm calling now, aren't I?" Jojen said. "If it's okay, the three of us can have lunch tomorrow in King's Landing. And it'll be my treat."

"Well, good!" Myrcella agreed. "Because I'm definitely for it."

"I'm in." Bran decided. "And it better just be the three of us. No fiancées, please." He pleaded. "Don't get me wrong, I really like Alys and Trystane, I just don't wanna be a fifth wheel the entire time."

Jojen sighed. "Fine." Then smiled. "Hey, 'Cella, I've heard. Congrats, Baratheon!"

"Thanks, Reed." Myrcella replied. "I've heard it from your sister too. And congratulations to you and Alys as well."

Bran made a face. "Really?" He said. "You literally just emphasized how much of a fifth wheel I am."

Jojen sighed. "'Cella, we seriously have to find him a girlfriend."

"Dude, I've tried." Myrcella pointed out. "Even Robb tried, but nothing." She then gave him a look that says, just go with it.

And Bran understood why. Because Myrcella knew that Bran had feelings for Meera. It was Robb and Sansa who offered to set him up on blind dates. But when he said no, Sansa respected his decision. Robb, on the other hand, insisted and set him up anyways.

The following day, after doing his scheduled site inspection, he then drove to meet Jojen and Myrcella in one of the restaurants, whose name he can't pronounce, in Cobbler's Square.

But halfway, he was stuck in traffic because some car broke down in the middle of the highway. He grunted in frustration as he had to drive around on the next few blocks to avoid it and by the time he got there, Jojen and Myrcella were already seated and were ordering their meals.

"Hey, guys." Bran greeted as soon as the waiter left.

"You're late, Stark." Jojen pointed out. "And Myrcella said that I shouldn't be surprised about this, because she says you're always late."