27: Catching Up

Ages:

- Talisa, Willas, Ygritte – 36; Robb, Jon, Gendry, Meera – 34; Sansa – 33; Arya, Alys – 31; Bran, Jojen – 30; Rickon, Shireen, Tommen – 26

MEERA

As what Bran had told her the night before, Meera had to expect that her three bestfriends, Robb, Jon and Gendry will ambush her in the middle of her workplace. And because of that, she had been ready and had already filed for a half-day leave so she can hang-out and catch up with them.

The phone call from Bran the night before was something Meera didn't expect, but at the same time, she was glad to hear his voice. She was just lucky Mykel kept quiet the whole time as Bran called her at the moment she and Mykel were in her room's balcony staring up at the Northern Lights.

It was one of her son's habits now before going to bed since they arrived from Oldtown. He would go out the balcony, lean on the rail and look up at the natural lights display in the starry night sky. The first night Mykel was just awestruck by it and stayed up until midnight and she had to carry him to the bed to put him to sleep.

Luckily, her Monday morning eleven o'clock appointment cancelled due to some kind of emergency, which meant she was free for the day. Also, at the same time she got out of the ward, Meera spotted Robb, Jon, and Gendry, each holding a leash connected to a husky's collar, Grey Wind, Ghost and Nymeria, respectively, and Gendry holding a large basket that carried eight puppies. And they were approaching the reception counter.

That became her cue. Meera walked not far behind them with their backs to her. And as she was about five meters away, the dogs started to notice and wagged their tails.

"Excuse me?" Robb said over the reception desk. No surprise there, as it was usually Robb who does the talking when all four of them used to hang out. "Is Dr. Meera Reed here?" He asked.

"Yes, but..." The receptionist started to say.

"But, what?" Jon spoke up.

"She's on full-booked scheduled appointments today, sir." The receptionist answered. "And she's on a half-day leave so—"

"Where can we find her?" Robb interjected.

Finally, Meera couldn't take it anymore and cleared her throat. "How about you turn around?" She suggested.

All three of them turned and grinned when they saw her.

"Hey guys," She smiled. "Starks, Baratheon, huskies."

"Meera!" Robb exclaimed, then tackled her with a hug. Gendry placed down the basket, and he and Jon joined in.

"Aww," Meera said. "I missed you guys so much."

Once they let go, Robb scowled at her. "Three years." He said. "You said you'd be in Oldtown for three fucking years. How in seven hells did it turn to six?" He demanded.

"That is...sort of a long story." Meera said.

"Oh, yeah," Jon said sarcastically. "And you never even said goodbye."

"You weren't even there when I was supposed to say goodbye, FYI." She reminded him. "Only Robb and Gendry were there." She turned to Gendry. "Congrats, by the way, dude. I heard you and Arya are getting hitched."

"Thanks," Gendry smiled. "And now I think Robb and Jon would agree with me about the next obvious question, so what about you?" He asked.

"And please don't tell us you're still single." Jon huffed.