11: Open Mic Night

Ages:

- Robb, Jon, Gendry, Meera – 23; Sansa – 22; Arya, Trystane, Alys – 20; Bran, Jojen, Myrcella – 19; Rickon – 15

BRAN

Bran was late. He was supposed to be having coffee in Balerion Café with Jojen and Myrcella thirty minutes ago but he was stuck in the Archery range for a while. And if it weren't for Meera, he'd still be there for another thirty minutes.

Now, he clutched his archery bow bag, ran across the street and entered the café.

Jojen was on the line to the counter, with a white lab coat slung across his shoulder. Clearly, he had just gotten out of the ATU Botanical Garden. "Bran!" He called out, as he fixed his eyeglasses. Jojen had started wearing eyeglasses since they started college because of his Nearsightedness, another hereditary trait he got from his Mom's side of the family besides his purple irises.

"You're late." Jojen said.

"I know, I'm sorry." Bran apologized. "Mr. Xho's not letting us leave unless we hit three bull's-eyes in the targets. And if it wasn't for your sister, I wouldn't have gotten out of there."

Jojen nodded. "Mm-hmm," He said. "I'll order your usual." He pointed outside the café's railed canopy. "They're outside."

Bran frowned. "They?" He repeated.

"Trystane's with her." Jojen explained.

Bran was not surprised. Just a week after Myrcella got the lead part in a production play, Trystane had asked her out. The dude seemed nice and Myrcella was always smiling around him. A total gentleman, she had said. Since then, Trystane started hanging out with them, on Myrcella's insistence, of course.

That was fine with Bran, because it's part of getting to know her better. There's no better way to get to know someone better than being with their friends as well, even if they sabotage you at times.

"I volunteered to order," Jojen continued. "Because I'd be a third wheel out there and you happened to choose today to be late."

Bran sighed, choosing to ignore Jojen's comment. "Please add brownies." He suggested before he headed out the railed canopy. "Now, I'm going to be the third wheel."

Myrcella and Trystane were on a table outside, sitting next to each other.

"Bran, hey." Trystane greeted.

Myrcella glared at him. "You're late, Stark." She pointed out.

"Yes, please stop reminding me, 'Cella." Bran said as he sat across from them.

"Had a rough day?" She asked.

"Don't even go there." He replied.

A moment later, Jojen came to them with the tray carrying their drinks. "Here you go." He said as he sat beside him.

"Thanks, Jojen." Myrcella said as she took her latté from the tray.

"So," Bran started to say. "How's rehearsal?" He asked.

Trystane and Myrcella exchanged weary looks.

"Well," Myrcella answered. "We sang We Go Together all afternoon which was kind of depressing."

Jojen frowned. "I don't really remember that song being depressing."

"It isn't." Trystane said. "What Myrcella meant by depressing was having to sing it like ten times with the dance choreography."