25: Distress

Ages:

- Talisa, Willas, Ygritte – 30; Robb, Jon, Gendry, Meera – 28; Sansa – 27; Arya, Alys – 25; Bran, Jojen, Myrcella – 24; Rickon, Tommen – 20

MEERA

Meera's life changed when she discovered she had a bun in the oven.

The following week after Robb's wedding, Bran had called her multiple times and left her messages. But she never answered, partly because she didn't know what to say to him and it would just make things awkward.

Also on the same week, she woke up in the mornings to having mild headaches and nausea that she was feeling dizzy half the time until drinking tea. Even at work, she would suddenly feel nauseous that she had made it a habit of bringing tea to work, placing it in a little thermos to keep it hot.

Meera didn't know what in seven hells was wrong with her. The following week, she was easily worn out and tired and constantly going to the bathroom to pee. Even her colleagues in the hospital had started to notice.

"Meera, are you okay?" Rylene asked once, when they were on rounds.

"I'm fine." She assured. "Don't worry about me."

And she was, until she started throwing up. The first time it happened was while she was at work in the hospital. At first, she had just shrugged it off, like maybe she had just eaten bad lunch or something. But when she had thrown up on several occasions, something was wrong.

Meera had tried connecting the dots. Headaches, dizziness, nausea, food cravings—as she had been eating veggie and berries salad a lot lately, and she had also been sleeping a lot. Why it's the very same symptoms of...

No, no, no, no! She thought. This can't be right.

It only occurred to her that she had been weeks late. On Tuesday that same week, she took a half-day sick leave and then drove to a pharmacy to buy test sticks before going back to their apartment to take the pregnancy test.

All she had to do was to simply remove the cap and point the absorbent tip downward in her urine stream for five seconds and the results will be read in two minutes.

She did as what the instructions had said and waited. To know it if it's positive, two red lines will show on the stick and just one if it's negative.

Meera took a deep breath before looking at the stick. And she nearly dropped it when it showed two red lines.

She covered her mouth with her hand in shock. Oh my gods! She mentally screamed. I'm pregnant. Tears had then started falling down her cheeks. That's why she was experiencing all those things because she was pregnant. And with Bran's child.

Meera had then buried the test stick in the bathroom's garbage bin beneath used tissue paper, cotton swabs, q-tips and wet wipes, and tampon packaging before locking herself in her room.

She sat on her bed, buried her head in her hands and wept. How in seven hells is she gonna tell anyone about her condition? She thought. Her concern is how everyone will take it. How her Dad and her brother will react. Will her Dad have a heart attack? Will Jojen go onto rage mode just like Robb? Oh, fuck. She cursed. How will the entire Stark family take it? How would Bran even handle it if he finds out it's his?

It's pretty clear that she has to tell someone about it, at least. But she didn't know to whom. Her three bestfriends, Robb, Jon and Gendry were definitely not candidates for it. Robb and Jon are of the Stark family so there's no way she's telling them. And as for Gendry, well, he's dating a Stark, so it's a no. So, it's either her brother, Jojen or his girlfriend, Alys.