Chapter 60

The next morning, the heroes wake up. Due to it being morning, Luigi was not an Umbreon anymore and was now an Eevee again.

The heroes all decided to eat before they continued so They each ate a few berries to get their energy up. However, when they left the cave, they saw Yveltal Bowser standing there. He roared in rage. "I finally found you scrubs. It took so long. You two will be stopped this time.... Ah... And I see you have a group of friends here as well. Guess they'll join in as being statues as well."

The brothers gasped in surprise. "Y-Yveltal B-B-Bowser..." Luigi stuttered. He backed up trembling in fear.

Bowser laughed. "How weak. You'll be the first one to be turned to stone so Mario can watch his little brother die."

Luigi gulped. Lightning pulled him away from Bowser. "Y-you aren't going to hurt him."

"L-Lightning please be careful. I don't want to lose you." Luigi whispered to her.

"Aw! How cute. Looks like Green Stache' actually has a crush." Bowser teased, harshly. "How pathetic... That coward can't protect you. He's just a weak coward."

"No he's not!!" Lightning argued.

"And Who are you to argue about what I say, huh Pest!!" He spat.

"She's not a pest!!" Luigi growled.

"She sure looks like one and quite an annoying one too. I'll take care of her first."

He began to charge Oblivion Wing.

Lightning gasped and backed away.

"No!!" Luigi used Shadow Ball. Bowser stopped charging the attack and glared at Luigi.

Luigi gulped. "Run!!" He shouted at his friends.

They didn't have to be told twice as they all scattered away from Bowser.

The Electrode That was with Bowser blocked Lightning's way. He was threatening to explode. Lightning turned around to see Bowser persuading her. She was trapped.

"Lightning!" Luigi shouted in terror.

Luigi turned to see Bowser charging Oblivion Wing. He then released it.

"NO!!!!" He shouted, running towards Lightning and pushing her out of the way. The attack hit him instead including the Electrode behind him.

Luigi collapsed to the ground, wincing. His hat fell off of his head and it landed on Lightning's. She quickly rushed over to him.

"LUIGI!!!!" Lightning shouted.

"L-Lightning run!! I- I'm not...worth it. All of you...need to go now." He told her. He took a sleeping Klefki out of his scruff and wrapped her around Lightning's neck. "Take Klefki too."

"Luigi, I can't leave you here."

"Lightning please.... You have to go... Run... You all need to find the Tree Of Life without me. I'm not worth it... I was never meant to be a hero. Mario is.... I'll never look up to his standards. I just can't..." Tears stained Luigi's face. "Please you need to go..."

Mario looked at his brother sullenly. "Luigi..." he rushed over to him too.

"Mario..." Luigi said softly.

"Luigi... You are a great hero... I love you bro. You are as good as a hero as I am to me." Mario said quietly.

Luigi slowly raised a weak paw and rested it on Mario's shoulder. "You must save the Pokémon World on your own Bro... I'm sorry.. I couldn't make it with you."