Chapter 28

Mario, Luigi and Lightning continue through the forest, unaware of the stalker that followed them in the shadows, but the stalker wasn't the least of their worries. What comes next will truly surprise the trio.

Luigi looked up to see a few delicious bright red apples in a tree.

"Mario... Look at these apples!" Luigi replied, looking up at them, spellbinded by the juicy apples. Luigi walked towards them and started climbing up the tree to the fruit.

"Luigi, be careful" Mario told him.

"Don't fall!" Lightning responded.

"I won't fall. I'll be careful" Luigi said, pulling himself up on the branch. He carefully picked an apple and turned to see a blue turtle walking towards Mario from behind.

In surprise, he dropped the apple as it fell to the ground. "Mario!!! B-behind you!!" He warned.

Mario turned around just in time to see a huge burst of water coming straight at him

Mario turned around just in time to see a huge burst of water coming straight at him. The Squirtle used a strong Water Gun at him, pushing him back into Lightning. Mario quickly recovered by shaking the water off and glared at the Squirtle. Luigi jumped down and used an Iron Tail on him.

Suddenly, the bushes around them began to rustle. A group of Squirtle and Wartortle leaped out in front of them and surrounded the trio.

"Uh oh..." Luigi said.

"What do you want?" Lightning asked them.

"We want the Eevees. Give them to us or prepare for trouble!" One of the Squirtles said.

"I'll make you blast off like Rockets if you don't back away! I'll never let you take them without a fight" Lightning growled, sparks coming out of her cheeks.

"Alright, if that's what you want." The Squirtle smirked.

"Follow in Troopas. Take them down!" The Squirtle ordered.

"Who are you? The leader? We don't take orders from you!" A Wartortle ranted.

"Whatever, just go!" The Squirtle responded.

Lightning uses a Thunderbolt on the Squirtle easily taking him down. The others glared at her.

"Charge!!!" They cried. The squad of Squirtles and Wartortles rushes towards them. Lightning used Iron Tail on one of them to knock him back.

"Come on guys! Fight!" Lightning yelled.

"You don't have to tell me twice. Let's a go, Weeg" Mario replied, rushing into battle.

"O-okay if you say so..." he said, timidly.

He rushed towards one of them and used Iron Tail. Mario used Shadow Ball. Lightning attacked three of them with Thunderbolt. They didn't seem to give up as they walked towards them.

One of the Wartortle glared at Luigi. He used Iron Tail to keep him away but he only came closer. He backed against the tree using Shadow Ball to defend himself. Mario was busy fighting one himself as Luigi decided to assist him. The Wartortle used Rapid Spin, catching Mario in it as he was thrown into a tree. The Wartortle ran towards Luigi and grabbed ahold of him, but he has better ideas as he bit him in the arm. The Wartortle came back with a Rapid Spin on him pushing him against a tree. Luigi collapsed to the ground and winced from the strong blow.

"Luigi, you have a ThunderStone right? Use it!" Luigi could hear Faith's voice in his head.

"Right" he replied in his thoughts. He reached to grab the stone from his pocket and once he did he transformed into Jolteon. Luigi used his green colored Thunderbolt and shocked the Wartortle, easily taking him down. Lightning gave him a small smile. Luigi grinned. "Now I get it."

Luigi used another Thunderbolt on the group of water type turtle Starters, easily taking a dozen of them down. Lightning used Electro Ball and Mario used Shadow Ball to help. A few minutes later, all the Squirtle and Wartortle seem to give up.

"We'll be back!! Yveltal Bowser will get you for this!! He'll make you all pay! PAY!!!" They cried as they all fled.

Luigi's ThunderStone effect wore off afterwards as he turned back into an Eevee and panted in exhaustion.

"Good job Weeg, you did amazing" Lightning said.

"Did you just call me 'Weeg'?" Luigi asked.

"Ugh... I mean... Ugh... No... I said Luigi, you must have misheard me or something. You might have water in your ears... I didn't say that" Lightning said rapidly, looking away from him.

"Sure..." Luigi responded, not really believing her.

"I find that hard to believe" Mario said.

All of a sudden, the apple on the ground was picked up by Psychic and it floated pass them to a Mr. Mime. He took a bite out of the apple. "Oh... What do we have here?" He asked in a creepy jester-like voice. "If it isn't the mon in green."

_________________________
Chapter 28 is finally finished. Hope you enjoyed. Sorry this was late. I've been busy today riding horses and other stuff like that.

Anyway, can any one guess who the Mr. Mime is supposed to be?

More coming.