Chapter 32

Later that night, Mario, Luigi and Lightning pretended to be asleep as the guards, a blue and a red Bisharp, walked passed their cages. Klefki hid in Luigi's scruff. Once the coast was clear, Lightning twitched her ears to give them the okay.

Klefki flew out of Luigi's scruff and looked through the keys. The keys had numbers on them. "Which key is it?" Klefki asked in a whisper.

"Key A113" Lightning whispered.

Klefki looked through the numbers of the keys. A110...A111...A112...A113!! She put the key in the lock and slowly turned in to the left until she heard a low clicking sound. The cell was now unlocked. It slowly creaked open. Lightning, Mario and Luigi flinched at it, hoping no one would hear it and come to investigate.

They walked out of the cage. Luigi, the last one out, slowly closed the door, attempting to keep the creaking quiet.

"Come on, Luigi. We don't have much time before the guards come back." Lightning told him.

They walked quietly passed the other cells until they heard voices and footsteps. Someone was coming.

"Hide..." Lightning whispered. They hid behind a wall in the darkness. Lightning watched cautiously as the two Bisharp walked passed them. She suddenly heard one of them yelling. "The Eevees and the Pikachu escaped, sound the alarm, we need to get as many Starter Squad members out on the look out. They shouldn't have gotten far."

"Uh oh..." Lightning thought. "Guys we need to be extra careful now. They know we're missing." She whispered.

Luigi shuttered. "I-I don't think I can do this. What if they find us? What if they bring us straight to Yveltal Bowser once they catch us again?"

Mario put his paws on Luigi's shoulders. "Don't worry Luigi, we can do this. Lightning knows her way around here. With her help, we'll surely make it outta here. We just gotta trust her."

"Mario's right. I know a few secret ways out of here. We'll be out before you know it. We just have to keep quiet. I'll lead the way and you follow. I'll wag my tail if I find an exit. I'll stand up on two paws if I sense danger. I'll twitch my ears if the coast is clear. Understood?" The brothers nodded.

"Alright..." Lightning looked around to see if anyone was there. No one. She twitched her ears as she moved forward and the brothers followed.

"A-are you sure we should be doing this Mario. We're breaking the law by trying to escape prison. We'll be in big trouble if we get caught again." Luigi whispered.

"You're just being paranoid, Weeg, I'm sure we'll make it out. We just have to trust Lightning besides we need to show them that they're making a mistake." Mario states.

"Well what do we do about these Pokecuffs though?" Luigi asked.

"That's what we're going to do first." Lightning told them.

"Ugh... Do what first?" They asked.

"We're going to break through these Pokecuffs first."

"How do we do that without being able to use attacks?" Luigi asked.

"I know where the Pokecuff keys are for being a member of the Starter Squad. Once we find them, we'll be able to escape."

***
The trio slowly walked into a small room with a Combusken sleeping on a chair. There beside him were a whole bunch of different keys hanging on the wall. Lightning pointed to the small sized keys below the larger keys. "Those keys are the keys to unlocking the Pokecuffs. Let me see what number you're Pokecuffs are." Lightning told them. Luigi and Mario let her see their cuffs around their paws.

"Luigi's is number 617. Mario's is 620. Mine is 623" Lightning said. "Okay, I'll get them. You guys stay on the look out." She then crawled towards the keys and reached for them before the Combusken snores loudly and turns to the other direction.

"Wow! These Starter Squad guards need to step up their game. Why do some of them sleep on the job and still keep it?" Lightning thought. She shook her head, trying to keep focus of the task at hand.

She stood up on two paws to reach the three keys. Her little paws were a little too short to reach so she had to jump up an inch to grab them. She managed to pull two down. However, the last one proved to be a little difficult as she got ahold of it and as it fell from the hanger she lost her balance and crashed to the floor with a loud thud knocking over the garbage can.

Mario and Luigi flinched at the noise it made. Suddenly they noticed the Combusken was disturbed from his nap from the noise and saw Lightning and the brothers.

"Hey!!! What do you think you're doing?" He demanded.

Lightning punched the Combusken in the face, knocking him out. "Hurry let's get out of here before we get into even more trouble."

                             ***

Lightning led them to a door. "This is one of the exits I know. Come on!" She told them. She opened the door as they see the outside grass and the night sky once again. "Now, Let's Get as far away from here as we can before we can get these Pokecuffs off so we can avoid getting captured again."

***
Lightning, Mario and Luigi walked into a cave and sat down. Lightning took out the keys and approached the brothers. She took the Pokecuffs off of Mario and Luigi. "Grazie, thank you!" Luigi said as he rubbed his sore paws.

Lightning then tried to do her own. It proved to be a little difficult for her as Luigi takes the key from her to help. Lightning looked away trying to hide a blush. "Th-thanks" She stuttered.

"No problem." He replied with a small smile.

"I-I'm going to go get some real food for us then we can sleep for the night." Lightning was about to walk out of the cave until Luigi grabbed her paw.

"Let me come with you. Y-you never know what you could run into at night." He told her.

Lightning smiled. "Well if you insist, just stay close."

__________________________
That's another chapter this week. Hope you enjoyed and also the whole key number thing was actually the word count at that point 617, 620, and 623 XD
Now the A113 also means something, you can look it up if you want to know.

Also I was thinking...
Should Mario have the power as well. His evolutions could be
Flareon
Vaporeon
Glaceon
And turn back into an Eevee. It's your choice.